Trailtrekker: Track 2518 in area near Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland)
Dublin Mountains Challenge for Barretstown
Length: 41.7km, Creator time taken: 8h41m, Ascent: 845m, Descent: 892m
Places:Start at O08470 27003, Tibradden Mountain, Two Rock Mountain, Carrickgollogan, end at O25328 21948 18km E from Start Logged as completed by 1
Following the current Dublin Mountain Way from Tallaght to Shankill. Trailheads are near the Maldron hotel in Sean Walsh Park and the back of Bradys Pub. The route goes over MV summits of Tibradden and Two Rock Mountain and Carrickgollan is only a slight detour off this route.
Suggested alternatives along the route would include detours to:
- St Annes on the eastern side of Glenasmole upper reservoir
- Hellfire Club/Montpellier Hill and Massey Estate
- Checking out the Lead Mines Chimney and Flue on the northern side of Carrickgollan
- The northern route around Rathmichael
Uploaded on: Wed, 28 May 2014 (12:08:26) Linkback: https://mountainviews.ie/track/2518/ To download GPS tracks you must be enrolled and logged in. See "Login or enrol", top right - quick and easy.
NOTE: ALL information such as Ascent, Length and Creator time taken etc should be regarded as approximate. The creator's comments are opinions and may not be accurate or still correct.
Your time to complete will depend on your speed plus break time and your mode of transport. For walkers: Naismith's rule, a rough and often inaccurate estimate, suggests a time of 9h 45m + time stopped for breaks
NOTE: It is up to you to ensure that your route is appropriate for you and your party to follow bearing in mind all factors such as safety, weather conditions, experience and access permission.
* Note: A GPS Height in the elevation profile is sourced from the device that recorded the track. An "SRTM" height is derived from a model of elevations for parts of the earth. More detail