Site Feedback Site announcements, requests for features, bug reports about the software of the service.

<< Prev page 1 .. 32 33 34 35 36 37 .. 40 Next page >>
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2008-10-29 22:46:35
"" from CaptainVertigo Contract pics
Picture: (Contract pics)

Endless Undulations
Context of comment:My natural diffidence, and indeed huge respect for the work of this site, prevented me from articulating seeping chagrin at what I perceived to be a retrograde step. The addition of the 400m heights was welcome, although it made the notion of ultimately completing my list during THIS lifetime more remote. But the enumeration of every pimple on the backside of this fair island of 150m plus took my breath away. Now I feel I should retrace my steps so that no bump should go unbagged. Somehow the noble higher spots seem surrounded by lesser stuff on all sides. I cannot see the wood for the trees. I know (from recent contributions) that my gloomy broodings find echoes amongst my peers:
"For we were nurst upon the self-same hill,
Fed the same flock, by fountain, shade, and rill."
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)

Re: Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon
Peter Walker 7 hours ago.
Hi daithi07The 'what's left to do in Ireland' article currently lives largely in my head rather than anywhere more tangible. It will see the light of day at some point in the next few months. I am...

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy a day ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 2 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()