Site Feedback Site announcements, requests for features, bug reports about the software of the service.

<< Prev page 1 .. 16 17 18 19 20 21 .. 40 Next page >>
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2012-12-18 15:17:28
Tracks: Up! Walks:Down!
Context of comment:I am wondering if there is a future for the “Walk” Section. I feel such a weight of responsibility regarding these uploads, that, to date, I have managed to create only two Walks. I suspect that many members are a little bit intimidated at the thought of the high standards that are required. I contrast this problem with the runaway success of the Tracks facility. I suppose the latter is extremely “user friendly” in that the Track is uploaded automatically, and the software carries out certain calculations immediately. Ideally, I would love to be in a position to integrate a Track into a formal Walk. In the meantime I have done my best to give a reasonably detailed account of the problems that one might encounter when I am uploading a Track. Mind you, I am interested in everybody’s Tracks, even if they only jot down a few lines. That is because I can see on the map in front of me exactly where they have gone, and I can make my own assessment of some of the implications. Finally, when I uploaded my recent Walk on Mweelrea, I encountered a little “bug”. One is permitted to upload three photographs. For some reason (almost certainly caused by my tendency to constantly edit and re-edit my “live” work) the programme will not allow me to upload the third photograph – it simply repeats the second photograph. Do not get excited about this! It is almost certainly a problem of my own making.

Am I alone in thinking that the Tracks facility has been such a success so as to taper off interest in the Walks facility?
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)

Reflections
mcrtchly 13 hours ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 4 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Cush: rest test rest
test test test

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Cush: rest test rest
test test test test

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 3 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.