<< Prev page 1 .. 311 312 313 314 315 316 .. 390 Next page >>
Hi ddiamond. I wou.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Hi all.
I w.. by ChrisG   (Show all posts)
Sorry, I seem to h.. by david kirk   (Show all posts)
Hi all,
I a.. by ddiamond   (Show all posts)
Hi Everyone,
In reply to decmco.. by brenno   (Show all posts)
Can anyone suggest.. by decmccormac   (Show all posts)
wicklore
2009-01-14 15:30:02
"Car near Mullaghcleevaun-who will take it home?" from wicklore Contract pics
Picture: Car near Mullaghcleevaun-who will take it home? (Contract pics)

Armchair analysis promoting padodes.
Having become a proud first time father over the New Year I am currently confined to armchair analysis of the posts on MV. From the comfort of my chair I must wholeheartedly support padodes in the efforts he made to ensure an abandoned tent and rubbish were cleaned up in Wicklow. I realized his original post about the matter was removed from public view, presumably while PURE looked into the matter. I hope evidence of the identity of the polluters was gained and I hope his original post can be restored to public view, including the photo of the tent. David Kirk posted a piece suggesting padodes should have taken care of the mess himself. While I admire David Kirk’s commitment to collecting all the rubbish he finds in the hills I think there is only so much individuals can do. The last thing we need is the very people who care about the hills to argue about who should remove rubbish. We are presumably all on the same side against the savages who would wantonly dump and destroy. So well done padodes on the efforts you and Simon made to sort it out with PURE. And let’s not give the polluters the satisfaction of having hillwalkers pointing the finger at each other.
A good place to pa.. by Big-Foot   (Show all posts)
Many thanks to gea.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy 16 hours ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 2 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Rocky Mountain: Pony express
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Seeing a group of about 7 or 8 ponies at the top of a mountain was a first for me. I did a little research and apparently these animals are wild, (according to a NI veterinarian group.) I also dis...