<< Prev page 1 .. 316 317 318 319 320 321 .. 390 Next page >>
Hi there, i climbe.. by rossbeighed   (Show all posts)
May I draw your at.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Was up Brandon Hil.. by paulocon   (Show all posts)
Hi, I am currently.. by marty1133   (Show all posts)
During our Decembe.. by JohnMitchler   (Show all posts)
Update.
The.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Thanks Padodes, th.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Wicklore, the map .. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Hi all. Can anyone.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
weedavie
2008-10-21 15:38:07
All for me grog
I'm not sure about boot repairs. I once got a pair of boots resoled but the uppers didn't really take the strain and started leaking. I'd paid £25 for the job so I wasn't letting them go until I'd reduced it to 99p per trip. My feet regularly soaked and froze that winter.

I use Zamberlan but I did go hooring after Salomon a couple of times until an evil pair ripped my ankles apart. Fortunately they leaked after less than 20 trips. I've a solid leather pair with over 100 trips which have outlasted their leather / goretex successors whose uppers went after about 90 outings. The current leather / goretex pair are on about 30 trips but took an evil grinding in the icy snow this January. You pity an Italian boot which could have been dispatched to the Alps but instead earns its living in acid bogs, gneiss and crusty snow.

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy 16 hours ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 2 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Rocky Mountain: Pony express
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Seeing a group of about 7 or 8 ponies at the top of a mountain was a first for me. I did a little research and apparently these animals are wild, (according to a NI veterinarian group.) I also dis...