<< Prev page 1 .. 314 315 316 317 318 319 .. 388 Next page >>
Hi, I am currently.. by marty1133   (Show all posts)
During our Decembe.. by JohnMitchler   (Show all posts)
Update.
The.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Thanks Padodes, th.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Wicklore, the map .. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Hi all. Can anyone.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
I'm not sure about.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
To Paulocon : use .. by pazapas   (Show all posts)
To PAULOCON Hen Mo.. by Moac   (Show all posts)
wicklore
2008-10-18 19:35:55
"Were these boots made for walking?" from wicklore Contract pics
Picture: Were these boots made for walking? (Contract pics)

Broken Boots Briefly Bother Bold Bid
Yes boots-possibly the most important element of the hillwalkers attire. Whether the temperature is sub-zero or the sun is splitting the stones one must have boots. Layers may increase or decrease with the season, hats and gloves might or might not be freed from the backpack, but boots are ever present. I did the Four Peaks Challenge last year and I needed my boots. I was doing it on my own for charity. Everything was set up-a friend was driving, free accommodation was sorted, a company even covered the fuel. What could go wrong? Boots could go wrong. The Devils Ladder on Carrauntoohil told my boots to wake up...then Mweelrea harshly yelled at them…next Donard roughly shook them awake. Shook them too hard as the photo will show- I had to tape them up for Lugnaquillia. But the tape fell off and I used my street wear Cats to complete the weekend. Needless to say I changed brand, but even these super seamless boots I currently wear are starting to let in water.

Beinn Ghobhlach
Peter Walker 2 hours ago.
Beinn Ghobhlach by evening lightWhen you're told that you can do a walk in the morning if you're quick because your o... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 739m, Area: Beinn Ghobhlach, Loch Maree to Loch Broo

Suilven
Peter Walker 19 hours ago.
I first read about Suilven when I was about 11. It was in some British geographical gazetteer, a stern washed-out pict... walk, Len: 24.0km, Climb: 1029m, Area: Lochinver to Ullapool (Britain) Suilve

Slieve Elva: Fantastic scenery
Damian120 23 hours ago.
A stunning walk going up over Slieve Elva that you can begin and end end at Fanore Beach. Some great locations along the Caher River to stop and relax and watch the water gently flowing downstream...

Maumtrasna Plateau via Dirkbeg and Buckaun Spurs
Onzy a day ago.
Route to the Mauntrasna plateau using the Dirkbeg spur for ascent and the Buckaun for descent. walk, Len: 10.8km, Climb: 535m, Area: Maumtrasna North-East Top, Partry/Joyce C...

Lough Oular From Tonlagee
tomlug48 a day ago.
A beautiful July day on the summit of Tonlagee. Gazing down at the beautiful heart shaped Lough Oular.Tom Barragry & the Lugs .

Knockannavea: Nice views to be had
csd a day ago.
While not very challenging, recent felling means the views along the way and from the summit are pleasant enough. A nice spot for a lunchtime walk.

Picos de Europa
peter1 2 days ago.
I can say with certainty three things: the ascent was not 3266m, given the peak is only 2503m; secondly, I will be back walk, Len: 13.9km, Climb: 3266m, Area: Spain, Cantabria ()

Knocknabro East Top: Drought made difficult ground trek possible
Collaborative entry Last edit by: CaminoPat 3 days ago.
Knocknabro East Top is best climbed as part of a good loop walk, taking in the West and North-East tops of Knocknabro. This summit is best reached firstly via Knocknabro West Top and then onto the...

Sail Mhor
Peter Walker 4 days ago.
After a week of blazing sunshine in the Peak District overwhelmingly spent swimming in the pool, lazing by the pool a... walk, Len: 11.3km, Climb: 833m, Area: Sail Mhor, Loch Maree to Loch Broom (Bri

Knocknabro North-East Top: NE Top Revealed
Collaborative entry Last edit by: CaminoPat 3 days ago.
This summit is best reached via Knocknabro West Top. Park at laneway to old farmhouse now in ruin at W15905 83498. Room for 1-2 cars to park. Climb gate at entrance and follow post and wire fence ...

.Lough Oular from Tonlagee
tomlug48 2 days ago.
A beautiful July day on the summit of Tonlagee. Gazing down at the beautiful heart shaped Lough Oular.Tom Barragry & the Brothers of the Lug.

Coastal Dublin - Donabate to Malahide
Onzy 4 days ago.
Circuit of Broadmeadows Estuary from Donabate to Malahide walk, Len: 12.9km, Climb: 115m, Area: Dublin Islands (Ireland)