<< Prev page 1 .. 324 325 326 327 328 329 .. 390 Next page >>
Hi Peter...from th.. by john_desmond   (Show all posts)
This is the beginn.. by cormacdeasy   (Show all posts)
peterc
2008-08-04 22:58:40
"" from peterc Contract pics
Picture: (Contract pics)

Identify this mountain?
Hi folks -
I took this photograph from the Killarney Golf Course (the big one, next to the Europe Hotel). It was quite cloudy over the Reeks, and I'm not sure of the identity of this hill - I was looking in the general direction of Carrauntoohil, but I think this is Beenkeragh. The summit marker isn't a cross, at any rate.

Any help?

Cheers,
Peter

www.petercox.ie
On our way down Ki.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
I sometimes use Tr.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
The sight of young.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
I bought a pair of.. by Moac   (Show all posts)
For any question a.. by pazapas   (Show all posts)
I've just got a Ga.. by Michael McA   (Show all posts)
Man, it's been a w.. by Alex92   (Show all posts)

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy 20 hours ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 2 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Rocky Mountain: Pony express
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Seeing a group of about 7 or 8 ponies at the top of a mountain was a first for me. I did a little research and apparently these animals are wild, (according to a NI veterinarian group.) I also dis...