<< Prev page 1 .. 29 30 31 32 33 34 .. 390 Next page >>
It’s that time of .. by Onzy   (Show all posts)
Teresa Wall of Rat.. by Trailtrekker   (Show all posts)
Fellow Walker,You .. by GSheehy   (Show all posts)
One of my favourit.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
Martin and underto.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
On the white route.. by brenno   (Show all posts)
The BBC2 Northern .. by Trailtrekker   (Show all posts)
First, thank you a.. by David-Guenot   (Show all posts)
Trailtrekker
2016-01-04 22:18:37
"Heading to Carnavaddy, looking down on Carlingford Lough & the Mournes" from Trailtrekker Contract pics
Picture: Heading to Carnavaddy, looking down on Carlingford Lough & the Mournes (Contract pics)

Walk of the Year 2015
For me it was an old favourite, following the All Ireland Poc Fada in the Cooley Mountains. I have waxed lyrical about the event on here before, so I won't further extol it's greatness. It was far from the longest, quickest or highest walk, but that is not what makes it special. What made it extra special for me this year was that I had the privilege of following the legend Brendan Cummins around for most of it as he won his record 9th title. The views are fantastic and hurling skills on view are heroic, I could go on all night about it, but I won't!
My first thought w.. by Pazapas   (Show all posts)

Re: Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon
Peter Walker 2 hours ago.
Hi daithi07The 'what's left to do in Ireland' article currently lives largely in my head rather than anywhere more tangible. It will see the light of day at some point in the next few months. I am...

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy a day ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 2 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()