<< Prev page 1 .. 44 45 46 47 48 49 .. 389 Next page >>
simoburn
2014-12-28 21:18:32
"The group on the summit of Mullaghcarn at 542m!" from simoburn Contract pics
Picture: The group on the summit of Mullaghcarn at 542m! (Contract pics)

PMG Final Summit Group Photo
Hi All,

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for coming out and supporting me on my final summit of my quest to climb all 454 summits of the Arderins and Vandeleur-Lynams mountains in 1 year! I started back on the 10.01.2014 and finished yesterday (27.12.2014) on Mullaghcarn in the Sperrin Mountains. The fact that people came along really made it for me! Of course I must take time to thank all Mountain Views users too! Throughout the year I have read and re-read peoples posts on summits and these comments along with GPS coordinates and other peoples GPS routes have helped me in my planning and helped give me ideas of what I may do in the hills myself. So, thank you all for all the info being uploaded! Likewise Simon Stewart for coming up with Mountain Views in the first place (genius)! I would especially like to thank Simon Stewart and David Owens (Onzy) who have answered so many questions about using the website, GPS units, summits and mountains and routes!!! Guys, thank you!!! I also would like to say a huge thank you to videographers Martin Critchley (mcrtchly) and Sharon Schwartz (kernowclimber) for hauling cameras and tripod stands up a mountains to capture this final summit on my challenge. Of course the editing and putting together of a video will probably take even more hard work and I look forward to seeing it, but again guys thank you so much! Also Mark Brennan (wicklore) for asking all the questions for the audio side of the video. I really appreciate the efforts involved, not to mention for coming along on the day itself! It has been great to meet some new MV users and put some faces to names too! If anyone from the walk has pictures to share feel free to email them on to me at: simonbyrne22@gmail.com

Cheers again and see you on the hills!

Simon
This new film foll.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
Some of the Mounta.. by Aidy   (Show all posts)
If you're indulgin.. by Aidy   (Show all posts)
Simoburn's moment .. by Aidy   (Show all posts)
Dawn on the 22nd w.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Anyone any recomme.. by AdrianneB   (Show all posts)
Those of you who w.. by Onzy   (Show all posts)
Gerry McVeigh has .. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
2016 will be a spe.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)

Reflections
mcrtchly 18 hours ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 4 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Cush: rest test rest
test test test

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Cush: rest test rest
test test test test

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 3 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.