<< Prev page 1 .. 45 46 47 48 49 50 .. 389 Next page >>
Simon3, Peter Walk.. by ciarraioch   (Show all posts)
Hey all, I am head.. by simoburn   (Show all posts)
patmoran
2014-12-01 23:21:57
GPS maps
Ciarraioch, there's no need to buy the expensive OSI maps. Just download and install the free maps based on Openstreetmap.org. Maps of Ireland that can be installed on Garmin GPS units are available from http://emerald-island.eu/wikka/GpsMap. These maps are maintained by MV user Pazapas. Maps for ireland and the UK are also available from http://talkytoaster.info and are regularly updated.
It's a fair cop gu.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Prithee Peter, who.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
The Etrex30 is a v.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Beloved Colleagues.. by ciarraioch   (Show all posts)
Hi all. I was hop.. by happymourneview   (Show all posts)
...I thought it wa.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
I found out about .. by happymourneview   (Show all posts)

Walking under the water!
march-fixer an hour ago.
With the Blessington Lakes being deprived of input due to the dry conditions, the water level has dropped considerably. walk, Len: 13.1km, Climb: 197m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland)

Reflections
mcrtchly a day ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 3 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 3 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 3 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 5 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot a week ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 4 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.

Wet, Wet, Wet.
jackill a week ago.
Things are bad when you find yourself in a carpark trying to think up ways of not doing a hill walk.That was the situa... walk, Len: 19.9km, Climb: 448m, Area: Rinn Chonaill, Dingle West (Ireland) Ri