<< Prev page 1 .. 60 61 62 63 64 65 .. 389 Next page >>
An Tiaracht was co.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
JimD I noticed thi.. by whoRya   (Show all posts)
The next meeting o.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Thanks BleckCra: .. by JimD   (Show all posts)
BleckCra
2014-06-02 20:52:12
The Bouncers on Belbulbin
JimD there will be people on here better qualified to comment than I but my one visit to the place was not a good experience. It was with a well known and very responsible walking group in tow with a charity. The walk had been discussed by email in advance with the landowner and appro-ed. Still, when we came off the hill we got a dressing down by some enraged hillwalking hater. The only consolation was I was off the hill 15 minutes before the rest, so I got a grandstand seat for the fight.
I have flagged up my view on this matter several times so in the clear knowledge of repeating myself, where there is an issue, would people ever just go personally to the farmer and say "please" and on the way back call in and say "thank you." Sure if no one else ever got back on the hill I guarantee you would.
I plan to visit Ir.. by JimD   (Show all posts)
Scavvy 11Comeraghs.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
This is a commerat.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Currently OSi are .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
On the subject of .. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)

Reflections
mcrtchly 19 hours ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 4 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Cush: rest test rest
test test test

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Cush: rest test rest
test test test test

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 3 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.