<< Prev page 1 .. 63 64 65 66 67 68 .. 390 Next page >>
Just noticed that .. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Thank you Jackill .. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
BleckCra, had a lo.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
May I draw your at.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
According to the w.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
Garmin GPSMap76CSx.. by osullivanm   (Show all posts)
BleckCra
2014-05-11 00:02:10
"" from BleckCra Contract pics
Picture: (Contract pics)

REMEMBER THE VIEW?
I wonder if some of the elite on this site would be interested in coming together, to remind ourselves of the more traditional features of high level hillwalking. Unique characteristics - not marathon running, not fell running, not particularly bagging (whatever any of these are), not scrambling (at least not by that name), not ropes but endorphin driven, pub closing-time driven, lad-ism and lass-ism driven, by Wednesday craving for the mountains driven ............. behaviour.
I am talking about filling a couple of cars enroute to wherever - every cupla weeks or so - or as it takes us.
No measuring heights. No measuring distances. No ticking off. No congratulations. No recollection of any of it other than the experience, the thrill, the buzz and the craic.
In my travels through the mountains of this land, the walking clubs, the festivals, the challenge walks, I can identify maybe up to 50 of the kind of "us" I am talking about.
If any or others are on this website and would be interested in something like the above, give me a shout on the members message service under "Community".
Ah thomas-g. The b.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
Maybe I missed it,.. by thomas_g   (Show all posts)
1)5.30-6pm: Regist.. by jackill   (Show all posts)

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy 16 hours ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 2 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Rocky Mountain: Pony express
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Seeing a group of about 7 or 8 ponies at the top of a mountain was a first for me. I did a little research and apparently these animals are wild, (according to a NI veterinarian group.) I also dis...