<< Prev page 1 .. 105 106 107 108 109 110 .. 389 Next page >>
aidand
2013-03-26 10:11:51
Keeper Hill - Saturday 6th April
I would like to invite all walkers to an event in Tipperary next week. This will be a 5 hour hike including a climb of Keeper Hill, crossing the Silvermines range and a visit to the rather impressive old mine workings. You will need reasonable fitness and proper hillwalking gear but it is not a technically difficult walk. It is part of a weekend event on suicide awareness, but don't let that put you off.
Registration is from 9 - 9.30 in Silvermines Village, near Nenagh. There will also be two shorter hikes. More information on www.xlchallenge.ie
John O'Dwyer is la.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Recently John G O'.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Track 2126 is an e.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Hello, I am embark.. by maurice12   (Show all posts)
I lost my GPS in W.. by Finola   (Show all posts)
Had 35 of the 39 b.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
On a recent walk o.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Yes, 'hot spots' f.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
Dont know if this .. by hivisibility   (Show all posts)

Reflections
mcrtchly 18 hours ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 4 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Cush: rest test rest
test test test

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Cush: rest test rest
test test test test

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 3 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.