<< Prev page 1 .. 110 111 112 113 114 115 .. 390 Next page >>
Trailtrekker
2013-02-01 01:14:40
"" from Trailtrekker Contract pics
Picture: (Contract pics)

Biggest Scandal since Twenty-One Quiz Show
I can empathise with you Wicklore, I have just completed a recent post on Gullion and now must fix my attentions on finishing off the questions for a quiz where I am calling the shots tomorrow evening. As a quizmaster and question setter you must be fair, acknowledge your mistakes and try to avoid ambiguity as much as possible, none of which seems to have happened for your MV team. But hey, isn't it great to have a chance to challenge the quizmaster ;-)

But it's not always easy being quizmaster, I know that two of the best teams attending the quiz I am involved with tomorrow evening are friends, family and hill walking buddies of mine, so I'm here at my kitchen counter racking my brains as to how to nobble them!! Maybe the same approach was taken on MV teams, in order to spread around the glory and keep everyone interested! All that being said, a few of my hillwalking buddies are clearly dab hands at the quizzes, so if you want me to put together a loaded MV3 team for next year just let me know and I will vow to get MV back in the top three :-)

PS: Definitely should have given you the point on Russia
Is it just me or d.. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)
UPDATE. Sorry, so.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
as kermit the Frog.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
… you say potato a.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
A meteor trail??? .. by Hilltop-Harrier   (Show all posts)
On Fri 22nd Feb, E.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
The Devil’s Horses.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
An update for anyo.. by gerrym   (Show all posts)
We took a group of.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy 20 hours ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 2 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Rocky Mountain: Pony express
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Seeing a group of about 7 or 8 ponies at the top of a mountain was a first for me. I did a little research and apparently these animals are wild, (according to a NI veterinarian group.) I also dis...