<< Prev page 1 .. 114 115 116 117 118 119 .. 389 Next page >>
Thanks to Captain .. by madfrankie   (Show all posts)
Could I suggest th.. by march-fixer   (Show all posts)
Madfrankie's achie.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
At 3:30pm today, S.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Question: You are .. by march-fixer   (Show all posts)
This is both techn.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Hi,I found a sma.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
scannerman
2012-12-04 19:58:18
"Agille Verte & Les Drus july 2012" from scannerman Contract pics
Picture: Agille Verte & Les Drus july 2012 (Contract pics)

Les Drus
Agille Verte & the 1000m North face of the Petit Dru, one of the 6 classic alpine north faces, first climbed in 1935 by french alpinist, Pierre Allain.

The west and southwest faces have seen so much rockfall, {obvious large grey area right of north face} and most recently in 2011, that along with many others, Walter Bonatti's original landmark solo route climbed over six days in 1955 no longer exists.
I am always intere.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
You definitely nee.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 a week ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Walking under the water!
march-fixer 3 days ago.
With the Blessington Lakes being deprived of input due to the dry conditions, the water level has dropped considerably. walk, Len: 13.1km, Climb: 197m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland)

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 6 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot a week ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne a week ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 6 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Truskmore: Sligo - County Highpoint with my Grandad
ShaunDunne a week ago.
Climbed Truskmore today, Saturday 15/09/2018. Was a very wet and windy day. I was delighted to make it to the summit with the weather being so bad. I was amazed to meet 3 men on bicycles heading u...

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Reflections
mcrtchly 4 days ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Long Mountain: Afternoon stroll
Wilderness a week ago.
I left my car in Dunloy village. As I walked up Mallaboy Lane to the last farm house there was a yellow warning sign: BEWARE OF THE GUARD DOG and CCTV. I proceeded past the house with caution and ...