<< Prev page 1 .. 122 123 124 125 126 127 .. 390 Next page >>
Anyone interested .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Terra Nova are goo.. by Jaak   (Show all posts)
It does indeed sta.. by mad2climb   (Show all posts)
lennyantonelli
2012-10-16 14:45:46
re: hubba hubba
thanks mad2climb, much appreciated. I think there are HP (high performance?) versions of the both the Hubba and the Hubba Hubba, so I think those versions are both slightly better than my non HP version, but your post is encouraging, and I've been getting similar answers elsewhere.I guess the only thing to do is to take it out.

Actually, I do have one more question, for you or anyone else who regularly camps over the autumn and winter. My sleeping bag is a Lifeventure Downfill 900 with temperature ratings as follows: Comfort 5 C, Transition 2C, Risk -10C.

As far as I understand from reading how these things are rated (see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EN_13537) this should be grand for me, a 13 stone fella, down tp about 2C. So I'm starting to wondering if with the addition of a liner or two, I could carry on using it over the winter. Obviously there's only one way to find out — but if anyone has any advice, or knows anything about what kind of liners would make a good purchase, that would be much appreciated.

thanks,

lenny
Myself I have a MS.. by mad2climb   (Show all posts)
The Copper House G.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
This one is for ca.. by lennyantonelli   (Show all posts)
Do not go gentle i.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
25 years ago this .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Another view of th.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)

Re: Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon
Peter Walker 21 hours ago.
Hi daithi07The 'what's left to do in Ireland' article currently lives largely in my head rather than anywhere more tangible. It will see the light of day at some point in the next few months. I am...

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy a day ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 3 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Sligo- Leitrim-Roscommon
daithi07 5 days ago.
That sounds good Peter... I can't seem to find the article, is it on here somewhere? Big fan of the Bob Graham loop, etc. so would be on for anything really that involves running up, down and betw...

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...