<< Prev page 1 .. 123 124 125 126 127 128 .. 391 Next page >>
The Copper House G.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
lennyantonelli
2012-10-15 18:26:40
hubba hubba
This one is for camping inclined folk. I bought an MSR Hubba Hubba two man tent recently, having long wanted a light three season tent to take into the hills. However, I obviously made the foolish mistake of not researching it thoroughly enough, for I now learn that its hydrostatic head is 1500mm, which doesn't fill me with huge confidence that it's really "three season" in Irish conditions based on what I've read here: http://www.outdoorgear.co.uk/hydrostatic-head.asp

I've used the tent once on a rainy night near Cleggan and it held up perfectly well, but it seems that hydrostatic heads of 3000mm and up are quite common for good mountain tents, and this one is less to save on weight.

I thought I'd post this here and asks folks who have been buying tents for a lot longer than me whether I'm treading water a bit with this, excuse the pun. If I really should have something more waterproof, even at the expense of a little more weight, I'd rather try to haggle for an exchange or sell the tent now that find out the hard way.

Thanks,

Lenny
Do not go gentle i.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
25 years ago this .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Another view of th.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Another picture of.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Ladies and gents,I.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Roberto – you’re j.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I am fairly new to.. by Astrofizz01   (Show all posts)
In last month's ne.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Scarr: Three ridges, many routes and good views.
Collaborative entry Last edit by: simon3 less than an hour ago.
Scarr has three useable ridges off it, to the north, south and east. The easiest perhaps is the Glenmacnass Waterfall carpark O11380 03009 (notorious for break-ins). From here head for the north ...

Near Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland)
ewen an hour ago.
Note this will take considerably less time in my opinion. I take too many photos so it adds about an hour to the trip.... walk, Len: 12.7km, Climb: 469m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Corrigasleggau

Omey Island
Onzy a day ago.
A circuit of Omey ... cut short by my fear that may car wouldn't make it back across the sound... walk, Len: 5.6km, Climb: 60m, Area: Galway Islands (Ireland)

Short Loop north of Omey
Onzy a day ago.
walk, Len: 2.1km, Climb: 33m, Area: Galway Coast (Ireland)

Camaderry South East Top: Glenealo Valley and Miners Village
sev 3 days ago.
Glenealo Valley and Miners Village - view from south slope of Camaderry South East Top (Aug. 2010)

Scarr: A walk in the clouds.
TommyV 2 days ago.
This route starts on an old forest road at Oldbridge, there is room for parking 5 or 6 cars near the top at O15162 01916. From here follow the road West until you reach a gate at O14832 01892. Go ...

Camaderry South East Top: Glendalough Upper Lake
sev 3 days ago.
Glendalough Upper Lake and the valley - view from south slope of Camaderry South East Top (Aug. 2010)

Seefin: "Megalithic Fallout Shelter"
sev 3 days ago.
Wicklow Mountains - Megalithic tomb on Seefin Mt.http://youtu.be/u--BKEqB-JM

Coastal Walk noth of Cleggan
Onzy a day ago.
A spectacular walk circling the peninsula immediately north of Cleggan ... a detour to Olivers for lunch and a fast coun walk, Len: 22.5km, Climb: 386m, Area: Galway Coastal Hill (Ireland)

Skregmore: Incidental summit in the Reeks
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Peter Walker 3 days ago.
Much climbed but little remembered, Skregmore is a victim of its location. One of the highest summits in Ireland but adjacent to still higher tops, impressively rocky but still far less dramatic t...

Cnoc an Bhráca: The last hurrah of the high Reeks
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Peter Walker 5 days ago.
Cnoc an Bhráca, together with its near neighbour Cnoc na DTarbh, are the last (relatively) high summits along the great ridge of the Eastern Reeks; beyond here the ground gradually declines to the...

Near Slieve Foye North-West Top, Cooley/Gullion (Ireland)
Gus 5 days ago.
Tough ascent from the carpark, but once on the ridge is reasonably easy with an identifiable track. On the return kee... walk, Len: 8.7km, Climb: 413m, Area: Slieve Foye North-West Top, Cooley/Gullio