<< Prev page 1 .. 122 123 124 125 126 127 .. 389 Next page >>
I am fairly new to.. by Astrofizz01   (Show all posts)
In last month's ne.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Looking for some a.. by roberto   (Show all posts)
Completed the Glen.. by david bourke   (Show all posts)
mcrtchly
2012-10-07 14:54:56
Glendalough cars and parking
Wicklow County Council have commissioned a consultant to look at options for car traffic management and parking in Glendalough. Details can be found on http://www.wicklow.ie/apps/wicklowbeta/News/5876_2012-04-05_RP-03%20Web.pdf There is a public meeting in Brockagh Centre on Weds 10th Oct see http://www.wicklow.ie/apps/wicklowbeta/News/5876_Consultation%20Flyer.pdf

Having read the consultation document it would seem that the consultants suggestions are to remove parking at the Upper Lake and direct long term (all day) parking to Laragh with a park and ride service to the Upper Lake. Short term parking would be in the OPW visitor centre at Glendalough. This would add some distance for walkers and climbers accessing Glendalough valley. They don't seem to specify where a car park in Laragh would be located. My concerns would be cost of the parking, bus service and out of hours access (including winter access). I can't make the public consultation but may send a submission to the consultants. Martin
Thanks to both jac.. by dr_banuska   (Show all posts)
I think the large .. by slemish   (Show all posts)
Hi Martin, at a qu.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Hi all, I recently.. by dr_banuska   (Show all posts)
I usually give fer.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)

Reflections
mcrtchly 12 hours ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 4 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Cush: rest test rest
test test test

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Cush: rest test rest
test test test test

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 3 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.