<< Prev page 1 .. 124 125 126 127 128 129 .. 389 Next page >>
I'm not sure if th.. by fingalscave   (Show all posts)
Apologies CaptainV.. by fingalscave   (Show all posts)
I must compliment .. by ahendroff   (Show all posts)
ahendroff
2012-09-26 14:10:58
Errigal/Derryveagh advice needed - brianhoey
Hi Brian, I've descended Maumlack to the R251 once before. Like everywhere else in the Derryveagh it is soaky and boggy underfoot after a wet spell. However, I came down this way several years ago in winter when the ground was crunchy with snow. There was no discernible path though. I am sure it is passable up stay high on the spur off Maumlack heading NW. I wouldn't drop into Croloughan Lough as the ground may be wet near the lake. As you lose height be careful not to veer to much W as then the ground dips and rises before hitting the R251. Follow the natural lie of the land avoiding this dop and rise if you stay NE a bit (close to Spot Height 243m and Bunleanarudda Bridge. Also, note that the stream close to the road "may" be tricky to cross after rain or on wet days. Hope this helps. If you're looking for a recent guidebook of the area, email me on info@adrianhendroff.com or check out this YouTube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg6_2Ektfvw Best of luck & enjoy the Derryveaghs.
I am seeking some .. by brianhoey   (Show all posts)
I'm slightly embar.. by Hilltop-Harrier   (Show all posts)
Ah yes poor old us.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
A good call Captai.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Some of the themes.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
I enjoyed fingalsc.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)

Reflections
mcrtchly 19 hours ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 4 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Cush: rest test rest
test test test

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Cush: rest test rest
test test test test

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 3 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.