<< Prev page 1 .. 337 338 339 340 341 342 .. 390 Next page >>
Following on the s.. by bod   (Show all posts)
Any idea how the D.. by Moac   (Show all posts)
Some bonehead was .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Davie, I take your.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
At the weekend I c.. by Alex92   (Show all posts)
Well... over the s.. by Alex92   (Show all posts)
I'd like to apolog.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Writing on Tievnab.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2007-08-06 16:37:29
AS THE CRA FLIES
Can you count to seven? One, two, three, four, five, five-and-a-bit, five-and-another-bit, five-and-still-another-bit, six, seven. At least that’s the way it goes when Cra does the Mournes Seven Sevens. A fortnight’s route planning was knocked on the head by the Start Official. Apparently my way was “no way”. And so muttering beneath my breath, I blended into the ribbon of wiser walkers ascending the Glen River, thrashed four of the seven in a trice and set to slipstreaming one of the hardest hard nuts from the Wee Binnians. Our ways parted at the top of Meelbeg and next time I saw him was across the glen. Why across the glen? Because I was going the wrong way. Whoops went the Blue Peter Navigation Badge and the finishing time. MacBeth said something about being “o’er far doon the road that gan back was worse than gan on” (wonder why Shakespeare never used the vernacular) and so with Caledonian stoicism (rage) I pushed on and knocked the BJ out of a desperate bog ‘n heather yomp on the lip of Lough Shannagh - the lighter side of which was 2 buffoons litting out after me, convinced I knew something they didn’t. I think one of them is still out there. Which goes to show that just because a man is moving, doesn’t mean he is going anywhere. To compound things, I took a madman’s route up Binnian - at 1500’ I thought I was going to die; at least it’s what I hoped. No 7, Lamagan and entirely minging circuits of Cove and Beag were a nauseous nightmare with only 1st gear left for going up. I hit the tarmac and the stopwatch at 9hours 17mins.”Where did you get to?” “It’s a long story. Read about it in mountainviews.”
Joss Lynam is loo.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Re: Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon
Peter Walker 10 hours ago.
Hi daithi07The 'what's left to do in Ireland' article currently lives largely in my head rather than anywhere more tangible. It will see the light of day at some point in the next few months. I am...

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy a day ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 3 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()