<< Prev page 1 .. 156 157 158 159 160 161 .. 389 Next page >>
Hbowman – if you w.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
The Irish Times re.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Wicklore thanks fo.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Just wondering, ha.. by hbowman1   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2012-03-05 18:17:56
"Bengower from Benbreen" from CaptainVertigo Contract pics
Picture: Bengower from Benbreen (Contract pics)

The Owenglin Horseshoe
I am wondering if any of you have walked the full Owenglin Horseshoe? I did bits of it as a young lad but which bits I cannot say, as these outings took place at a time when I walked for the sheer hell of it rather than to complete a “List”. The only way for me to approach the Arderins with honour is to complete all “doubtfuls” no matter what duplication or triplication may be involved; thence the Owenglin Circuit. I am currently working my way through the literature and I see many warnings about the need for caution on the descent from Bengower to Benbreen. Ideally I would like to download a TRACK to my GPS (I am currently an upanddownloading virgin) covering the dodgy section. My research led me to fingalcave’s TRACK 1283 described as “Glencoaghan (Almost) Horseshoe”. I have had the pleasure of meeting fingalscave in person atop the Sheefrys and am most impressed by his rapid rise through our Lists. The problem is that he went from Benbreen to Bengower rather than the other way around and he did so in snowy conditions where, presumably, he did not see the actual faded track underfoot. Therefore, I am hoping that some kind soul might upload an anti-clockwise Owenglin Track. Or course my intention is to complete this route in the summer in perfect conditions, but I like to prepare for all eventualities. I await hearing from you.
Something we often.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Thanks Wicklore, <.. by Mulciber   (Show all posts)
Hi Conor74. Welcom.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Hi Mulciber. That .. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
...'s hand and tal.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)

Reflections
mcrtchly 19 hours ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 4 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Cush: rest test rest
test test test

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Cush: rest test rest
test test test test

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 3 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.