<< Prev page 1 .. 160 161 162 163 164 165 .. 391 Next page >>
Here's a GeoLives .. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Bleck. I appreciat.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2012-02-24 00:28:41
"Captains Farrell and Vertigo" from CaptainVertigo Contract pics
Picture: Captains Farrell and Vertigo (Contract pics)

The Rising of The Moon?
This site is far too respectable a place to say what I'm thinking about the defence of of our wildernesses. Were our servers located in Chechnya and if our leader was a bearded character with lions and tigers as pets; were I not still an Officer of the Court with a house yet unseized by my creditors, then I might well commit my thoughts to print. Although tactically it might not be prudent to warn the mountain disrespectors of my detailed plans. When I blow I don't intend it to be a polite "green" event. Let the mountain Luddites, the Buachaillí Bána and The Peep O'Day Boys reconvene. No. I bite my tongue.
Well yes Vertigo, .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I think that Bleck.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Peter, indeed it d.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Davie I agree with.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
...but did it also.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Cra, you’re tiltin.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
cheers that will d.. by jop68   (Show all posts)

Scarr: Three ridges, many routes and good views.
Collaborative entry Last edit by: simon3 less than an hour ago.
Scarr has three useable ridges off it, to the north, south and east. The easiest perhaps is the Glenmacnass Waterfall carpark O11380 03009 (notorious for break-ins). From here head for the north ...

Near Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland)
ewen an hour ago.
Note this will take considerably less time in my opinion. I take too many photos so it adds about an hour to the trip.... walk, Len: 12.7km, Climb: 469m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Corrigasleggau

Omey Island
Onzy a day ago.
A circuit of Omey ... cut short by my fear that may car wouldn't make it back across the sound... walk, Len: 5.6km, Climb: 60m, Area: Galway Islands (Ireland)

Short Loop north of Omey
Onzy a day ago.
walk, Len: 2.1km, Climb: 33m, Area: Galway Coast (Ireland)

Camaderry South East Top: Glenealo Valley and Miners Village
sev 3 days ago.
Glenealo Valley and Miners Village - view from south slope of Camaderry South East Top (Aug. 2010)

Scarr: A walk in the clouds.
TommyV 2 days ago.
This route starts on an old forest road at Oldbridge, there is room for parking 5 or 6 cars near the top at O15162 01916. From here follow the road West until you reach a gate at O14832 01892. Go ...

Camaderry South East Top: Glendalough Upper Lake
sev 3 days ago.
Glendalough Upper Lake and the valley - view from south slope of Camaderry South East Top (Aug. 2010)

Seefin: "Megalithic Fallout Shelter"
sev 3 days ago.
Wicklow Mountains - Megalithic tomb on Seefin Mt.http://youtu.be/u--BKEqB-JM

Coastal Walk noth of Cleggan
Onzy a day ago.
A spectacular walk circling the peninsula immediately north of Cleggan ... a detour to Olivers for lunch and a fast coun walk, Len: 22.5km, Climb: 386m, Area: Galway Coastal Hill (Ireland)

Skregmore: Incidental summit in the Reeks
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Peter Walker 3 days ago.
Much climbed but little remembered, Skregmore is a victim of its location. One of the highest summits in Ireland but adjacent to still higher tops, impressively rocky but still far less dramatic t...

Cnoc an Bhráca: The last hurrah of the high Reeks
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Peter Walker 5 days ago.
Cnoc an Bhráca, together with its near neighbour Cnoc na DTarbh, are the last (relatively) high summits along the great ridge of the Eastern Reeks; beyond here the ground gradually declines to the...

Near Slieve Foye North-West Top, Cooley/Gullion (Ireland)
Gus 5 days ago.
Tough ascent from the carpark, but once on the ridge is reasonably easy with an identifiable track. On the return kee... walk, Len: 8.7km, Climb: 413m, Area: Slieve Foye North-West Top, Cooley/Gullio