<< Prev page 1 .. 200 201 202 203 204 205 .. 390 Next page >>
@drsazmac - camped.. by liamdv   (Show all posts)
APOLOGIES FOR THA.. by swoop   (Show all posts)
Hi Swoop. It will .. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
any advice for new.. by drsazmac   (Show all posts)
hbowman1
2011-05-09 14:59:28
Reply to comment on Pigeon Rock
Hi Colin, to answer your question re: the difficulty of the bird walk route, I'd be inclined to agree with your assessment of very difficult. I have not actually walked this route but have climbed each of the mountains as part of other walks. Recently, I walked over Pigeon, Cock and Hen from Deers Meadow to Rocky river car park, which I would describe as moderate. On another occasion, I started from Leitrim and climbed Tornamrock, Shanlieve, Eagle, down to windy gap and back to Leitrim. Also, I did a walk from Deers Meadow over Pigeon, Slievemoughanmore, windy gap and turned left and walked along the path beside the gully of eagle, finally returning to lower Pigeon car park. Each of these walks took approx 5 hours and had 2/3 major ascents. To combine each of these walks into a grand circuit with at least 5 ascents (Hen, Cock, Pigeon, Slievemoughanmore and Eagle), would make me agree with your assessment of very difficult. I recently did a ridge walk in Donegal over the Urris Hills which had a lot of ascents over several hills, which was tiring. I have not climbed Eagle from the Windy gap, but have descended it this way. Another possible route is to start from Attical. This would provide a gentler, albeit longer, ascent. A possible route is Attical, Eagle, Shanlieve and Finlieve - very nice views of Eastern Mournes and Carlingford - back to Attical. Hope this helps, Henry
Official Poster fo.. by swoop   (Show all posts)
Or could it?Let th.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Just passing this .. by barryd   (Show all posts)
I suppose there's .. by barryd   (Show all posts)
Etna is the highes.. by brenno   (Show all posts)

Re: Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon
Peter Walker 3 hours ago.
Hi daithi07The 'what's left to do in Ireland' article currently lives largely in my head rather than anywhere more tangible. It will see the light of day at some point in the next few months. I am...

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy a day ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 2 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()