<< Prev page 1 .. 207 208 209 210 211 212 .. 390 Next page >>
Bleck Cra
2011-04-04 22:08:31
Climbing Everest again for Moving Mountains!
Mountainviewers, please have a look at this from Gavin Bate, Everest expedition leader and our guest speaker at the recent WAI Winter Talks meet in Dublin.

Climbing Everest again for Moving Mountains!

Hi, I'm heading back to the Big E again, to climb to the summit and hopefully raise more money for Moving Mountains. There are definitely easier ways to fundraise, but my last climbs have taken the charity I started literally to new heights! 'MM' is now a big concern with a wide remit covering work in Nepal, Kenya and Borneo, and with new projects starting each year.

Please have a look at my snazzy new website My Everest Challenge; I am carrying a GPS tracking unit that will feed positions to a 3D image of Everest, which allows you to 'fly' in and out of the mountain with your mouse. I hope you'll follow me virtually on the trip!

I've also got updates going to my Facebook and Twitter pages. Plus I've got my fundraising page on Justgiving - please do consider donating a little to MM as I go up the mountain, and thank you if you can support the charity. My target is £250,000, and I've already raised £90,000 from the last Everest trip in 2009.

Thank you!

Gavin
www.myeverestchallenge.com
www.facebook.com/gavinbate
www.twitter.com/gavinbate
Mcrtchly and I hav.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
The inaugural Mils.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Without question o.. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)
MsMurty is faster .. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Just a note – that.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Friday April 1st -.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
FRIDAY : Good dry,.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
The long running c.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Dates this week:   (Show all posts)

Re: Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon
Peter Walker 2 hours ago.
Hi daithi07The 'what's left to do in Ireland' article currently lives largely in my head rather than anywhere more tangible. It will see the light of day at some point in the next few months. I am...

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy a day ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 2 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()