Cookies. This website uses cookies, which are small text files that the website puts on your computer to facilitate operation. Cookies help us provide a better service to you. They are used to track general user traffic information and to help the website function properly.

Click to hide this notice for 30 days.

<< Prev page 1 .. 212 213 214 215 216 217 .. 395 Next page >>
jackill
2011-03-31 09:22:12
Learning to Fly
MsMurty is faster than me so(speedwise and mentally too I suspect), it took me about 3 months of sweating and being slower than a funeral to "get it". Then one day about 2 months ago on a long uphill haul across bog I got it. I've stretched it to 23kms/1200 mts climb two weeks ago in 5 hours. Thats about a 25% improvement on my previous best on the same route.
Now I'm still not the fastest thing on two legs but I've completed 5 challenge walks (2008-2010)before taking the training and always was mid to lower upper in the finishing.
MsMurty you know my form as we've walked together so if I can do it, so can you.
I'm going to tackle 3 challenge walks this year finishing with the 7 Sevens which no matter how much I improve I suspect MsMurty will lap me on given her progress.

Now to the Mountainviews community, invest a little time in Bleck Cras course, the technique is strange but it works.
Yours sincerely, Jackill, Ministry of Silly Walks
Just a note – that.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Friday April 1st -.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
FRIDAY : Good dry,.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
The long running c.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Dates this week:   (Show all posts)
Phil the Film. One.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Try http://groups... by Moac   (Show all posts)
HI, my name is Phi.. by FilmPhil   (Show all posts)
In response to que.. by jop68   (Show all posts)

RECENT CONTRIBUTIONS << Prev page 1 2 3 4 5 .. 18 Next page >>
Lochnagar - Cac Carn Beag: Summit Cairn
billbaggins a week ago.
Cac Carn Beag summit Cairn

Thor's Cave and the Manifold Valley
Peter Walker 3 weeks ago.
Far fewer folk visiting the Peak District know about the Manifold Valley than Dovedale, which is both a shame (be... walk, Len: 17.5km, Climb: 445m, Area: Lancashire, Cheshire & the Southern Penn|...

Lochnagar - Cac Carn Beag: Summer view
billbaggins a week ago.
Loughnagar in July

Carn a'Choire Bhoidheach: As viewed from Cac Carn Beag
billbaggins a week ago.
Carn a'Choire Bhoidheach, Loch nan Eun and Stuic Butress from Cac Carn Beag

Mont Fourcat
David-Guenot 3 weeks ago.
walk, Len: 13.1km, Climb: 867m, Area: France, Occitanie () ||

Hike'n bike Kerry's summits
EDhikenbikegirl 3 weeks ago.
Hi, Anyone could tell me if it is allowed (or tolerated) to climb the mountain tops of Kerry with a bike (eg Tomies and Purple Mountain.) I am aware that some peaks may be difficult to access by b...

Carn an t-Sagairt Mor: Summit Cairn looking North
billbaggins a week ago.
Summit Cairn Carn an t-Sagairt Mór

Carn an t-Sagairt Mor: North Cairn which includes some of the Canberra wreckage
billbaggins a week ago.
North Cairn Carn an t-Sagairt Mor which includes some of the Canberra wreckage and some old fence posts

Sybil Head and the Three Sisters
peter1 3 weeks ago.
This is a really good walk with superb views of the Atlantic Ocean to the West and Smerwick Harbour to the East.View... walk, Len: 12.3km, Climb: 243m, Area: Ceann Sib?al, Dingle West (Ireland) Cea||

Carn an t-Sagairt Mor: Wreckage from the RAF Canberra B.2 Jet crash November 195
billbaggins a week ago.
Some of the wreckage from the RAF Canberra B.2 Jet which crashed on the mountain on 22nd November 1956 can still be seen on the north side (approx. NO 208 845) of Carn an t-Sagairt MòrFlying Offic...

Gullaba Hill: a beautiful little mountain route with great views
Grumbler a week ago.
I followed Jackill advice and parked the car at W 02056 66620 at the sharp bend after the tunnel , walking around the bend to double gates on the right hand side follow a good but steep track over...

Nice easy few hours in the North West Mournes