<< Prev page 1 .. 212 213 214 215 216 217 .. 389 Next page >>
You are correct as.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
This event was hel.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Maclimber you ha.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Recently I put tog.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
To all general rea.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
A case of a pictur.. by barryd   (Show all posts)
Simon - I agree wi.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Thinking of a stro.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
PUBLIC NOTE! From .. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
simon3
2011-02-27 10:47:15
"Mournes and Dublin View." from simon3 Contract pics
Picture: Mournes and Dublin View. (Contract pics)

View of the Mournes and Aviva Stadium.
Member Johnjoes recently sent in a number of pictures to MountainViews for the talk on County Highpoints which were very welcome.
With them were some long distance views that he took and I just thought I would share this one, taken from Three Rock Mountain (Near the listed Two Rock Mountain) in the Dublin Mountains.
The clarity of the view is astonishing showing the Aviva stadium in Dublin, bottom left, the sea off the Louth coast and the Mournes, right down to sea-level.
If you have good long distance views, why not upload them? It's a great reminder for us of what can be seen on the other 99% of days with the more usual visibility.

Reflections
mcrtchly 13 hours ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 4 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Cush: rest test rest
test test test

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Cush: rest test rest
test test test test

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 3 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.