<< Prev page 1 .. 345 346 347 348 349 350 .. 389 Next page >>
I support the deci.. by tgormley   (Show all posts)
I posted a comment.. by Alex92   (Show all posts)
weedavie
2007-04-23 16:50:15
Pretty Vacant
With the big distances we have to travel for access in Scotland, use of a bike can be essential to enable a hill to be reached in a single day trip. But you can recognise us by our rucksacks, ludicrous boots and use of tracks. In my local hills we get bikers tearing up hill paths and occasionally and satisfyingly lying face down in a peat hag. You can recognise them by their use of Lycra and silly sunglasses. These are clearly the sort of people who never played footy at college, just games with frisbees. And while I'm ranting what's with the outbreak of tree-hugging? Mountain's don't care whether they're tracked or not. I want them empty but that's because I'm a miserable sod. Tell me that Binn Bhraoin is going to become a super-quarry and I'll be really hacked off at losing the hill. Binn Bhraoin won't care. Even more ludicrously in Scotland you've people saying Foinaven deserves to be a Munro and paying to have it checked out. Foinaven doesn't care. Dedicated hill-walkers notoriously burn tons of hydrocarbons each weekend in pursuit of a hobby and then see themselves in touch with nature (which doesn't care either). Let's have a little less hypocrisy. We're part of the problem too. And we don't care.
Jaak: You're exagg.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
I have just heard .. by Jaak   (Show all posts)
I didn't intend be.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
OK, padodes, I spe.. by tgormley   (Show all posts)
I wonder if lookin.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
There is a problem.. by tgormley   (Show all posts)
The Labour Party a.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Reflections
mcrtchly 18 hours ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 4 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Cush: rest test rest
test test test

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Cush: rest test rest
test test test test

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 3 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.