<< Prev page 1 .. 344 345 346 347 348 349 .. 388 Next page >>
I posted a comment.. by Alex92   (Show all posts)
weedavie
2007-04-23 16:50:15
Pretty Vacant
With the big distances we have to travel for access in Scotland, use of a bike can be essential to enable a hill to be reached in a single day trip. But you can recognise us by our rucksacks, ludicrous boots and use of tracks. In my local hills we get bikers tearing up hill paths and occasionally and satisfyingly lying face down in a peat hag. You can recognise them by their use of Lycra and silly sunglasses. These are clearly the sort of people who never played footy at college, just games with frisbees. And while I'm ranting what's with the outbreak of tree-hugging? Mountain's don't care whether they're tracked or not. I want them empty but that's because I'm a miserable sod. Tell me that Binn Bhraoin is going to become a super-quarry and I'll be really hacked off at losing the hill. Binn Bhraoin won't care. Even more ludicrously in Scotland you've people saying Foinaven deserves to be a Munro and paying to have it checked out. Foinaven doesn't care. Dedicated hill-walkers notoriously burn tons of hydrocarbons each weekend in pursuit of a hobby and then see themselves in touch with nature (which doesn't care either). Let's have a little less hypocrisy. We're part of the problem too. And we don't care.
Jaak: You're exagg.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
I have just heard .. by Jaak   (Show all posts)
I didn't intend be.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
OK, padodes, I spe.. by tgormley   (Show all posts)
I wonder if lookin.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
There is a problem.. by tgormley   (Show all posts)
The Labour Party a.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
I was delighted to.. by beckett   (Show all posts)

Beinn Ghobhlach
Peter Walker 2 hours ago.
Beinn Ghobhlach by evening lightWhen you're told that you can do a walk in the morning if you're quick because your o... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 739m, Area: Beinn Ghobhlach, Loch Maree to Loch Broo

Suilven
Peter Walker 19 hours ago.
I first read about Suilven when I was about 11. It was in some British geographical gazetteer, a stern washed-out pict... walk, Len: 24.0km, Climb: 1029m, Area: Lochinver to Ullapool (Britain) Suilve

Slieve Elva: Fantastic scenery
Damian120 23 hours ago.
A stunning walk going up over Slieve Elva that you can begin and end end at Fanore Beach. Some great locations along the Caher River to stop and relax and watch the water gently flowing downstream...

Maumtrasna Plateau via Dirkbeg and Buckaun Spurs
Onzy a day ago.
Route to the Mauntrasna plateau using the Dirkbeg spur for ascent and the Buckaun for descent. walk, Len: 10.8km, Climb: 535m, Area: Maumtrasna North-East Top, Partry/Joyce C...

Lough Oular From Tonlagee
tomlug48 a day ago.
A beautiful July day on the summit of Tonlagee. Gazing down at the beautiful heart shaped Lough Oular.Tom Barragry & the Lugs .

Knockannavea: Nice views to be had
csd a day ago.
While not very challenging, recent felling means the views along the way and from the summit are pleasant enough. A nice spot for a lunchtime walk.

Picos de Europa
peter1 2 days ago.
I can say with certainty three things: the ascent was not 3266m, given the peak is only 2503m; secondly, I will be back walk, Len: 13.9km, Climb: 3266m, Area: Spain, Cantabria ()

Knocknabro East Top: Drought made difficult ground trek possible
Collaborative entry Last edit by: CaminoPat 3 days ago.
Knocknabro East Top is best climbed as part of a good loop walk, taking in the West and North-East tops of Knocknabro. This summit is best reached firstly via Knocknabro West Top and then onto the...

Sail Mhor
Peter Walker 4 days ago.
After a week of blazing sunshine in the Peak District overwhelmingly spent swimming in the pool, lazing by the pool a... walk, Len: 11.3km, Climb: 833m, Area: Sail Mhor, Loch Maree to Loch Broom (Bri

Knocknabro North-East Top: NE Top Revealed
Collaborative entry Last edit by: CaminoPat 3 days ago.
This summit is best reached via Knocknabro West Top. Park at laneway to old farmhouse now in ruin at W15905 83498. Room for 1-2 cars to park. Climb gate at entrance and follow post and wire fence ...

.Lough Oular from Tonlagee
tomlug48 2 days ago.
A beautiful July day on the summit of Tonlagee. Gazing down at the beautiful heart shaped Lough Oular.Tom Barragry & the Brothers of the Lug.

Coastal Dublin - Donabate to Malahide
Onzy 4 days ago.
Circuit of Broadmeadows Estuary from Donabate to Malahide walk, Len: 12.9km, Climb: 115m, Area: Dublin Islands (Ireland)