<< Prev page 1 .. 238 239 240 241 242 243 .. 389 Next page >>
Hi folks,
.. by muzag   (Show all posts)
The weatherfolk ha.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
jackill
2010-10-10 21:44:13
Dessie d. Hare, C'pan has none
Oh Christmas! me legs are bollixed, me liver is banjaxed, me throat is a horse.

It must have been a good night,(well apart from Derry259 and Wicklores singing).
The day itself was in the finest Scav tradition of a group of friendless meeting in a car park somewhere to walk up some hills followed by lots of craic(ed?).
For some reason at the col to Table Wicklore pointed to a few "extra summits " and said "seek"
(jaysus I know when I'm not wanted)
It was here I had my first introduction to dHare whose flying heels dbloke and I were to follow for the rest of the day untl we caught the main group on the zig-zags.
Apologies to Kernow and Crotchety(damn my spelling;-) whom we unintentionally lost to the main group, that meant they had to endure tales of murder(say it for us again Cra) and slaughter of their compatriots.
Dinner was to say the least entertaining sitting as I was with Bleck cra, Vertigo, Simon3, dbloke, and osullivanm surrounding me all the while being hilariously interrupted by the antics of the wicklore youff wing of the table.
All in all lads my wounds are small and I will carry them gladly, thanks Brenno and Wicklore for the day and night (Brenno is now an Honoury Corkman and has recieved the string to the city and a first class All-Ireland ticket).

Where to next? Back to the kingdom?

And C'pan I'll save a lock for you.
Thanks to Wicklore.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
Im packing my ba.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
Hey all
Am.. by richardfagan_   (Show all posts)
Before the site ge.. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)
I've told numerous.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Just about to star.. by Derry259   (Show all posts)
Now thats sarcasm!.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)

Reflections
mcrtchly 13 hours ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 4 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Cush: rest test rest
test test test

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Cush: rest test rest
test test test test

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 3 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.