<< Prev page 1 .. 237 238 239 240 241 242 .. 388 Next page >>
The weatherfolk ha.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
jackill
2010-10-10 21:44:13
Dessie d. Hare, C'pan has none
Oh Christmas! me legs are bollixed, me liver is banjaxed, me throat is a horse.

It must have been a good night,(well apart from Derry259 and Wicklores singing).
The day itself was in the finest Scav tradition of a group of friendless meeting in a car park somewhere to walk up some hills followed by lots of craic(ed?).
For some reason at the col to Table Wicklore pointed to a few "extra summits " and said "seek"
(jaysus I know when I'm not wanted)
It was here I had my first introduction to dHare whose flying heels dbloke and I were to follow for the rest of the day untl we caught the main group on the zig-zags.
Apologies to Kernow and Crotchety(damn my spelling;-) whom we unintentionally lost to the main group, that meant they had to endure tales of murder(say it for us again Cra) and slaughter of their compatriots.
Dinner was to say the least entertaining sitting as I was with Bleck cra, Vertigo, Simon3, dbloke, and osullivanm surrounding me all the while being hilariously interrupted by the antics of the wicklore youff wing of the table.
All in all lads my wounds are small and I will carry them gladly, thanks Brenno and Wicklore for the day and night (Brenno is now an Honoury Corkman and has recieved the string to the city and a first class All-Ireland ticket).

Where to next? Back to the kingdom?

And C'pan I'll save a lock for you.
Thanks to Wicklore.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
Im packing my ba.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
Hey all
Am.. by richardfagan_   (Show all posts)
Before the site ge.. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)
I've told numerous.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Just about to star.. by Derry259   (Show all posts)
Now thats sarcasm!.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Is it some kind of.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)

Beinn Ghobhlach
Peter Walker 10 hours ago.
Beinn Ghobhlach by evening lightWhen you're told that you can do a walk in the morning if you're quick because your o... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 739m, Area: Beinn Ghobhlach, Loch Maree to Loch Broo

Suilven
Peter Walker a day ago.
I first read about Suilven when I was about 11. It was in some British geographical gazetteer, a stern washed-out pict... walk, Len: 24.0km, Climb: 1029m, Area: Lochinver to Ullapool (Britain) Suilve

Slieve Elva: Fantastic scenery
Damian120 a day ago.
A stunning walk going up over Slieve Elva that you can begin and end end at Fanore Beach. Some great locations along the Caher River to stop and relax and watch the water gently flowing downstream...

Maumtrasna Plateau via Dirkbeg and Buckaun Spurs
Onzy 2 days ago.
Route to the Mauntrasna plateau using the Dirkbeg spur for ascent and the Buckaun for descent. walk, Len: 10.8km, Climb: 535m, Area: Maumtrasna North-East Top, Partry/Joyce C...

Lough Oular From Tonlagee
tomlug48 2 days ago.
A beautiful July day on the summit of Tonlagee. Gazing down at the beautiful heart shaped Lough Oular.Tom Barragry & the Lugs .

Knockannavea: Nice views to be had
csd 2 days ago.
While not very challenging, recent felling means the views along the way and from the summit are pleasant enough. A nice spot for a lunchtime walk.

Picos de Europa
peter1 3 days ago.
I can say with certainty three things: the ascent was not 3266m, given the peak is only 2503m; secondly, I will be back walk, Len: 13.9km, Climb: 3266m, Area: Spain, Cantabria ()

Knocknabro East Top: Drought made difficult ground trek possible
Collaborative entry Last edit by: CaminoPat 3 days ago.
Knocknabro East Top is best climbed as part of a good loop walk, taking in the West and North-East tops of Knocknabro. This summit is best reached firstly via Knocknabro West Top and then onto the...

Sail Mhor
Peter Walker 5 days ago.
After a week of blazing sunshine in the Peak District overwhelmingly spent swimming in the pool, lazing by the pool a... walk, Len: 11.3km, Climb: 833m, Area: Sail Mhor, Loch Maree to Loch Broom (Bri

Knocknabro North-East Top: NE Top Revealed
Collaborative entry Last edit by: CaminoPat 3 days ago.
This summit is best reached via Knocknabro West Top. Park at laneway to old farmhouse now in ruin at W15905 83498. Room for 1-2 cars to park. Climb gate at entrance and follow post and wire fence ...

.Lough Oular from Tonlagee
tomlug48 2 days ago.
A beautiful July day on the summit of Tonlagee. Gazing down at the beautiful heart shaped Lough Oular.Tom Barragry & the Brothers of the Lug.

Coastal Dublin - Donabate to Malahide
Onzy 5 days ago.
Circuit of Broadmeadows Estuary from Donabate to Malahide walk, Len: 12.9km, Climb: 115m, Area: Dublin Islands (Ireland)