<< Prev page 1 .. 246 247 248 249 250 251 .. 390 Next page >>
Cra I have updated.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Yes Wick that is a.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Last Monday 6th Se.. by hobob   (Show all posts)
Does anyone know t.. by Pazapas   (Show all posts)
Well Bleck Cra, I .. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Wick, as with all .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Driving along the .. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
I had the pleasure.. by Harry Goodman   (Show all posts)
"I modelled my loo.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2010-09-09 22:22:33
EVERY LIDL HELPS, SORT OF THING
Brenno you are such an old grump pot. I am with Frankie viv-a-vis the Lidl hiking treasure trove. In fact I am just back from said emporium 19.99 sterling lighter and the pleased owner of a splendid new waterproof jacket. Let me share my experience. Buy the jacket – it is worth 4X the money. The brown is brown if you like brown; the green is better than in the brochure, the Ladies white is good and blue is mine. Sizes are measured against Pygmies so go much bigger. The boots should be avoided except for very low level stuff: too many bits and no shank, but low level yes. The pantaloons are damned fine if perhaps not as lightweight as in the hilly shop but for a tenner sterling who cares. Look fairly tough too. Fleece good although only for women. Don’t start me. Socks, binos, lamp, rucksacks nowhere to be seen. Maybe you need the lamp to see them hardyharhar. Or perhaps the binoculars Advice: absolutely do jacket and suit yourself about the rest. Luv Cra – your own secret shopper.
Pee Ess for the past week, friends and colleagues have been badgering me to get down to Lidl to avail of this retail event. Bad state of affairs when they think Lidl kit would be an improvement.

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy 18 hours ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 2 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Rocky Mountain: Pony express
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Seeing a group of about 7 or 8 ponies at the top of a mountain was a first for me. I did a little research and apparently these animals are wild, (according to a NI veterinarian group.) I also dis...