<< Prev page 1 .. 386 387 388 389 390 391 Next page >>
Folks, I have a qu.. by danhughes1234uk   (Show all posts)
CSD I think you've.. by AidanB   (Show all posts)
AidanB, I don't me.. by csd   (Show all posts)
Hello AidanB. Inte.. by Claude Hopper   (Show all posts)
Can anyone help me.. by AidanB   (Show all posts)
ricky k - Shirley .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Hello bfawcus, we .. by Claude Hopper   (Show all posts)
Can anyone recomme.. by bfawcus   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2005-03-01 17:50:07
"" from Bleck Cra Contract pics
Picture: (Contract pics)
Ah sure, you never have to wait long. Currently scouring the Mournes for a fitness level suitable for a Women’s Cancer Charity Challenge, is a small, scrubbed, desperate critter whom we shall call “Dotty”, (for fear of getting my bake knocked in). I met her a couple of weeks back, knocking Donard’s bake in. She is loud, straightforward, has as much interest in the cache of the sport as fly and calls a spade a spade - well almost. This Saturday I met her on the Brandy Pad below the Castles. “Here he comes!” she shouts to her companion, unaffected that we have only ever met once before. This companion is Eastern European, stunning, with a ring through her conk, a hundredweight hank of hair in a ponytail and an accent that would melt Alec Ferguson’s dentures. Indulge me this detail. After a lot of slapping and thumping, Dot, perhaps to me, perhaps to Ninochka, perhaps to no one at all, aims a sweeping gesture towards Slieve Beg and assures “That is Cove” and to Cove, “That is Beg. And which one is La Manga?” I paused …. for oxygen. “That’ll be the one around Andalucia somewhere”, I thought. Nina smiled at me, no doubt fluent in sixteen languages and a first in Cartography. “Hah” I said, trying to say “Ah”. “Hah - that is Slieve Beg, that one Cove Mountain and that one (nice and clearly now) is Lamagan. “Yes” says Dotters, “Lumumum.” And I thought, the price we have paid to bask in the sweet warm mud of our modern world is innocence - good on you girl: call it what you like. Go bag it and bag it again - and one day she will overtake us…., when running up “La Manga”. Pic North of La Manga.
Has anybody got pr.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)

Scarr: Three ridges, many routes and good views.
Collaborative entry Last edit by: simon3 less than an hour ago.
Scarr has three useable ridges off it, to the north, south and east. The easiest perhaps is the Glenmacnass Waterfall carpark O11380 03009 (notorious for break-ins). From here head for the north ...

Near Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland)
ewen an hour ago.
Note this will take considerably less time in my opinion. I take too many photos so it adds about an hour to the trip.... walk, Len: 12.7km, Climb: 469m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Corrigasleggau

Omey Island
Onzy a day ago.
A circuit of Omey ... cut short by my fear that may car wouldn't make it back across the sound... walk, Len: 5.6km, Climb: 60m, Area: Galway Islands (Ireland)

Short Loop north of Omey
Onzy a day ago.
walk, Len: 2.1km, Climb: 33m, Area: Galway Coast (Ireland)

Camaderry South East Top: Glenealo Valley and Miners Village
sev 3 days ago.
Glenealo Valley and Miners Village - view from south slope of Camaderry South East Top (Aug. 2010)

Scarr: A walk in the clouds.
TommyV 2 days ago.
This route starts on an old forest road at Oldbridge, there is room for parking 5 or 6 cars near the top at O15162 01916. From here follow the road West until you reach a gate at O14832 01892. Go ...

Camaderry South East Top: Glendalough Upper Lake
sev 3 days ago.
Glendalough Upper Lake and the valley - view from south slope of Camaderry South East Top (Aug. 2010)

Seefin: "Megalithic Fallout Shelter"
sev 3 days ago.
Wicklow Mountains - Megalithic tomb on Seefin Mt.http://youtu.be/u--BKEqB-JM

Coastal Walk noth of Cleggan
Onzy a day ago.
A spectacular walk circling the peninsula immediately north of Cleggan ... a detour to Olivers for lunch and a fast coun walk, Len: 22.5km, Climb: 386m, Area: Galway Coastal Hill (Ireland)

Skregmore: Incidental summit in the Reeks
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Peter Walker 3 days ago.
Much climbed but little remembered, Skregmore is a victim of its location. One of the highest summits in Ireland but adjacent to still higher tops, impressively rocky but still far less dramatic t...

Cnoc an Bhráca: The last hurrah of the high Reeks
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Peter Walker 5 days ago.
Cnoc an Bhráca, together with its near neighbour Cnoc na DTarbh, are the last (relatively) high summits along the great ridge of the Eastern Reeks; beyond here the ground gradually declines to the...

Near Slieve Foye North-West Top, Cooley/Gullion (Ireland)
Gus 5 days ago.
Tough ascent from the carpark, but once on the ridge is reasonably easy with an identifiable track. On the return kee... walk, Len: 8.7km, Climb: 413m, Area: Slieve Foye North-West Top, Cooley/Gullio