<< Prev page 1 .. 355 356 357 358 359 360 .. 390 Next page >>
Padodes -You point.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Weedavie, allow me.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
I suspect we're si.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
loz
2007-01-10 10:22:16
GPS Use
I'd just like to add my 2 pennies. I use a sheet and compass, but always have the Garmin in my sack for that "just in case", As do i have a first aid kit, a phone, changes of clothes, a fire starting kit ( matches plus magnesium striking rods ), and a few other items. I admit it - i'm an aging scout.
However often ( if I dont own the sheet - which as there are a vast number covering this great country - i dont have them all ) I might just go out with some downloaded routes and the Garmin. - Am i a bad person ?? - hopefuly not being sneered at by those who have the sheet of an area. ITS NOT ONLY MAPPING AND NAV SKILLS THAT KEEP YOU OUT OF DANGER !!, awareness and common sense do have a part to play in mountain saftey.
On a lighter note - i'd just like to add how much the strapping on of the Garmin to my daughters wrist - so she can see the distance to a top decrease as she walks, seems to boost her drive when her weary 6 year old legs might otherwise fail !
Weedavie, you are .. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Padodes, you're wr.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Thanks for your co.. by david bourke   (Show all posts)
i had a look at th.. by aprilla2crash   (Show all posts)
Weedavie, you have.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
I spent Saturday o.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)

Re: Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon
Peter Walker 16 hours ago.
Hi daithi07The 'what's left to do in Ireland' article currently lives largely in my head rather than anywhere more tangible. It will see the light of day at some point in the next few months. I am...

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy a day ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 3 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()