<< Prev page 1 .. 363 364 365 366 367 368 .. 391 Next page >>
I'd be grateful if.. by csd   (Show all posts)
Sh
2006-07-21 15:16:25
Na Beanna Beola
I am getting back into hiking this year and am heading off with a few others of similar fitness levels over the next few months. My next journey will be to Na Beanna Beola in Conn-na-Mara. As it has been several years since I have been there, I am not too sure as to what the best options are. I have a whole week, 7 days, to do something there. However, I would like to just stick to Na Beanna Beola. Or there any 'marked' walks which I can do and enable me to climb all the 12 main peaks? Or what will be the best 'route' to take to make the most of our trip over there. And as I am using public transport to get there, I was wondering what is the best town/area to start from and to end in?! Much thanks for any help.
Hello BILLNOR, you.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I've done a fair b.. by lats   (Show all posts)
OK McA - what abou.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Just wondering if .. by Michael McA   (Show all posts)
While reviewing mo.. by eflanaga   (Show all posts)
The following has .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
The climb up Jacob.. by arwen   (Show all posts)
sheep are strange .. by gerrym   (Show all posts)

Near Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland)
ewen less than an hour ago.
Note this will take considerably less time in my opinion. I take too many photos so it adds about an hour to the trip.... walk, Len: 12.7km, Climb: 469m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Corrigasleggau

Omey Island
Onzy 23 hours ago.
A circuit of Omey ... cut short by my fear that may car wouldn't make it back across the sound... walk, Len: 5.6km, Climb: 60m, Area: Galway Islands (Ireland)

Short Loop north of Omey
Onzy 23 hours ago.
walk, Len: 2.1km, Climb: 33m, Area: Galway Coast (Ireland)

Camaderry South East Top: Glenealo Valley and Miners Village
sev 3 days ago.
Glenealo Valley and Miners Village - view from south slope of Camaderry South East Top (Aug. 2010)

Scarr: A walk in the clouds.
TommyV 2 days ago.
This route starts on an old forest road at Oldbridge, there is room for parking 5 or 6 cars near the top at O15162 01916. From here follow the road West until you reach a gate at O14832 01892. Go ...

Camaderry South East Top: Glendalough Upper Lake
sev 3 days ago.
Glendalough Upper Lake and the valley - view from south slope of Camaderry South East Top (Aug. 2010)

Seefin: "Megalithic Fallout Shelter"
sev 3 days ago.
Wicklow Mountains - Megalithic tomb on Seefin Mt.http://youtu.be/u--BKEqB-JM

Coastal Walk noth of Cleggan
Onzy 23 hours ago.
A spectacular walk circling the peninsula immediately north of Cleggan ... a detour to Olivers for lunch and a fast coun walk, Len: 22.5km, Climb: 386m, Area: Galway Coastal Hill (Ireland)

Skregmore: Incidental summit in the Reeks
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Peter Walker 3 days ago.
Much climbed but little remembered, Skregmore is a victim of its location. One of the highest summits in Ireland but adjacent to still higher tops, impressively rocky but still far less dramatic t...

Cnoc an Bhráca: The last hurrah of the high Reeks
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Peter Walker 4 days ago.
Cnoc an Bhráca, together with its near neighbour Cnoc na DTarbh, are the last (relatively) high summits along the great ridge of the Eastern Reeks; beyond here the ground gradually declines to the...

Near Slieve Foye North-West Top, Cooley/Gullion (Ireland)
Gus 5 days ago.
Tough ascent from the carpark, but once on the ridge is reasonably easy with an identifiable track. On the return kee... walk, Len: 8.7km, Climb: 413m, Area: Slieve Foye North-West Top, Cooley/Gullio

Tievnabinnia: Bulky Sheeffrys summit
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Peter Walker 5 days ago.
Tievnabinnia is the easternmost of the higher Sheeffry Hills, a distinctly bulky eminence where gently grassy upper slopes contrast with a series of steep corries to both north and south of its ge...