<< Prev page 1 .. 364 365 366 367 368 369 .. 390 Next page >>
My (not so) wonder.. by tsunami   (Show all posts)
With reference to .. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
nagirock
2006-05-29 09:05:58
Coronation plantation
On Sunday starting fro Kippure Bridge I walked Seefin to Seefingan to Kippure and down the southern slope to reach the road at Strghoe brook, from here (rather than walking the blacktop) I opted to take the track into the Coronation Plantation and walk along the river to exit by the small piece of road which would bring me to my car. All along the north side of the river there is a new deer proof fence about 2m high and at the point where I needed to strike out for the small road is a gate, I went through it and gingerly and quietly through a new estate of appartments and out to my car. Does anybody know if this is a legal route or how the owners of this new development regard walkers using this track? and if not is there usable alternative exit route that does not infringe?
Aha Señor Jackill!.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
Hi Paul , this is .. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Can anybody offer .. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
.... at last, jker.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Just to add a moan.. by jkerr   (Show all posts)
three weeks ago af.. by nagirock   (Show all posts)
Another place in W.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Re: Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon
Peter Walker 2 hours ago.
Hi daithi07The 'what's left to do in Ireland' article currently lives largely in my head rather than anywhere more tangible. It will see the light of day at some point in the next few months. I am...

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy a day ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 2 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()