<< Prev page 1 .. 364 365 366 367 368 369 .. 389 Next page >>
simon3
2006-05-15 09:06:54
"Crohane and Inch from Dingle peninsula" from simon3 Contract pics
Picture: Crohane and Inch from Dingle peninsula (Contract pics)

Semi-virginal climber
There's probably more possibilities in Dingle which has the Brandon group at the west end, the Slieve Mishes at the east end and much in between. Not too sure what you mean by shanty. There's a few hostels and several B&Bs around for night by night accomodation if you want to walk from one end of the peninsula to the other. Unless you really want to do that I would base myself at one or two points and do circular day walks.
Hi, I'm looking fo.. by niamhhavok   (Show all posts)
I think poles for .. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
A mass debate on p.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Many thanks to Sea.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
Simon, Cra, Davie .. by tsunami   (Show all posts)
SimonI'm definitel.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Yes Davie - less w.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Oh what merciless .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Hillwalking unites.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)

Reflections
mcrtchly 18 hours ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 4 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Cush: rest test rest
test test test

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Cush: rest test rest
test test test test

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 3 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.