<< Prev page 1 .. 368 369 370 371 372 373 .. 390 Next page >>
Mr. Dick Roche TD,.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Hello All,While on.. by loz   (Show all posts)
This week, a coupl.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Thanks jkerr. The .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
jkerr
2006-03-23 13:15:43
Back to the Mournes
As Johnny once said "I've been everywhere man....." but my heart is in the Mournes.
The return of the hiking weather brings a spark to living.
I'm sitting at my desk at work longing for that revitalising chill of the mountains, it’s classic hiking weather to day, bright and cool. What appeals to me? .....the solitude, the deep history of the mountains. Landscape. There's an ancient draw embedded in our genes to these immense monuments of nature.
I met man in the mountains who nodded as he passed, all he said was, “It’s good to be alive”. Here here.
PS
What’s the situation regarding mountain bikers tearing down the Glen River path?.
I stopped a biker in full flight as he hammered down the path, and was quickly surrounded by a pack of his aggressive, two wheeled and body armoured companions.
I gave them hell, and they gave hell right back. Upon reflection it’s lucky I didn’t end up in the river.
PPS
Glad to see Bleck Cra back again. I’m sure there’s a hidden subtext in those wonderous thoughts.
Hello All. I gener.. by revilli   (Show all posts)
The cairn which is.. by john_desmond   (Show all posts)
The story of Mr Ee.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Went over to Knoc.. by Buny Clare   (Show all posts)
"Dutchman" .. I do.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Re: Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon
Peter Walker 15 hours ago.
Hi daithi07The 'what's left to do in Ireland' article currently lives largely in my head rather than anywhere more tangible. It will see the light of day at some point in the next few months. I am...

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy a day ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 3 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()