<< Prev page 1 .. 259 260 261 262 263 264 .. 390 Next page >>
This month marks t.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Thanks to everyone.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Hi Ed, I'm afraid .. by scapania   (Show all posts)
Would any reader f.. by Ed-T   (Show all posts)
Apparently this is.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Congrats on your 3.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
V. excellent, good.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2010-06-20 20:27:27
"Good Craic Bad Crag" from Bleck Cra Contract pics
Picture: Good Craic Bad Crag (Contract pics)

ARE WE WHERE YET DAD?
People are funny. He was 5 mins from the Mourne Wall at the top of the Bloody Awful Bridge Track.. He was leading a small mop-haired male child in baseball runners and himself nursing a coke. By his deportment, he was neither a fool nor lost and the child was middling happy. This had been achieved over a 2 hour ordeal up this miserable track in the hottest day since the big bang. Then he asked me 2 questions: the first, “Are we five minutes from the wall?” and the second, the most bamboozling ever put to me: “and is there anything worth seeing?” Those of us familiar with the Bo Diddly Bridge Track remain forever snared by the first time we dropped from the Crannoge stile to a 180 degrees tableau of the Eastern Mournes – Binnian, Lamagan, Cove, Beag, Commedagh and Donard, Bearnagh, Meelmore and Meelbeg on the skyline. “Is there anything worth seeing?” perhaps: a black President, the Saville Report, King Lear ….., an elephant fly …” but instead, the words “Oh yes” fell foolishly out of my bake and I immediately wondered if I had oversold it. I still can’t get it. He was in the Mountains of Mourne. I am convinced he knew this and that mountains would play a important part in his day. For me, mountains were defo worth seeing: it is why I was there. But what about himself? Were mountains worth seeing or not. Happy Father’s Day to good ol’ bewildered Dad.
Now scramblers prick up your ears and the rest of you stick your fingers in them. After a terrifying 20 minute grapple with Douglas Crag, East of and on to Binnian can I commend it? “The fall will probably kill you” said Butch Cassidy. Oh yes, it probably will.
Congratulations on.. by Harry Goodman   (Show all posts)
Thanks for the sup.. by ahendroff   (Show all posts)

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy 16 hours ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 2 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Rocky Mountain: Pony express
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Seeing a group of about 7 or 8 ponies at the top of a mountain was a first for me. I did a little research and apparently these animals are wild, (according to a NI veterinarian group.) I also dis...