<< Prev page 1 .. 272 273 274 275 276 277 .. 389 Next page >>
Wednesday night la.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
On my return from .. by csd   (Show all posts)
Yes, Mark, I came .. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
I climbed this sur.. by dr_banuska   (Show all posts)
Emerald Island GPS.. by Pazapas   (Show all posts)
I am an androgenic.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
am i blind/stupid .. by markmjcampion   (Show all posts)
Yes marymac: erudi.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2010-02-14 22:42:54
"... and thank the Saints for Christopher" from Bleck Cra Contract pics
Picture: ... and thank the Saints for Christopher (Contract pics)

HEARTS IN THE HIGHLANDS
Valentines’s Day. He takes her a nice walk up the Trassey and on to the Brandy Pad; then gets completely confuddled and wings out along the Annalong Track at 90 degrees to the planned trajectory; undaunted he continues manfully until the penny drops and he retraces his still-warm footsteps. So with an overrun of an hour and a half at pace and a final gagging pull back up on to the Pad, he has her at about Gas Mark 5. When I encounter them he had given up trusting a single thing in his head. The sky must be green and not blue; he must be in The Atlas Mountains, not the Mournes; the Irish front row are singing and drinking beer and not lying busted in Calais. “Is this the way to Hare’s Gap?” he tested, confident I would answer in Flemish or Azerbaijani. “Yes it is” - even my broken Hiberno-Caledonian English was a joy to him. For a second, I was his true Valentine, but it wasn’t to be. Gazing lovingly at him and through sweat and phlegm, she gargled something about skill, confidence and great day and that they would just go home now. Tested – the boots, the stamina and the relationship; and none found wanting. The Day of St Valentine: a fertility festival, doubtless once enjoyed by leaping lads and lassies, hijacked in part by some Christians or other and now proffered to us along with Mafia-like threats of consequences – and on the hill …? Enough snogging pubescents certainly – but also some lone women with plain faces and pretty spirits and lost lads with loaded stomachs and big hearts. Q: What is it magics the ugliness of black crags, grey rock and dour bog into beauty? A: We do. Happy Valentine’s Day.
To have great poet.. by marymac   (Show all posts)

Reflections
mcrtchly 19 hours ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 4 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Cush: rest test rest
test test test

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Cush: rest test rest
test test test test

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 3 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.