<< Prev page 1 .. 293 294 295 296 297 298 .. 389 Next page >>
You are thinking i.. by pazapas   (Show all posts)
Geo
2009-06-12 17:53:24
Icons
As my contribution to iconic Irish mountains, I'd like to put forward the Benbulbin plateau for consideration. It's not the pointiest, not the highest, not the most religiously significant, but by gum it's a lovely thing to look at. It's probably one of Ireland's most instantly recognisable too, which I guess an icon needs to be. Whether you gaze at it from afar, get up close as you pass by whizzing north or south on the N15, or closer still, climb it and take in the views, to me it's what Ireland is about. Not superlative in any way, but absolutely beautiful, perfect for what we are, what we have been and hopefully for where we are going.
Yes, dhmiriam, the.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Ok dbloke, Croagh .. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Yes, padodes, ther.. by dhmiriam   (Show all posts)
Guys, does it take.. by dbloke   (Show all posts)
Being from the are.. by slemish   (Show all posts)
Having walked/scra.. by Colin Murphy   (Show all posts)
Has no one suggest.. by ahendroff   (Show all posts)
The Great Sugar Lo.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)

Reflections
mcrtchly 18 hours ago.
The island of Senja in Arctic Norway has a compact range of mountains made more spectacular by the dramatic coastal setting. Tungeneset is a highly photogenic spot giving glorious coastal views of...

Mullagh More and Sliabh Rua
A leisurely walk in one of the most amazing areas in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. The route took me to the to... walk, Len: 7.9km, Climb: 316m, Area: Mullagh More, West Clare (Ireland) Mulla

Benbaun via Knockpasheemore
A relatively easy way up to Benbaun, the Co Galway high point, although it is a steep pull up to Binn Charrach/Knockpa... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 797m, Area: Binn Charrach, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Bi

Slieve Beg: Stared down the Devil's Coachroad and decided he can have it
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
I know that people scramble up the Devil's Coachroad though the mechanics of actually getting up the top part elude me. Braver men than I! Standing on top of Beg, looking down the massive gulley i...

Cove Mountain: Return to Cove!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Today was the second time I have visited Cove. Anyone who read my first comment will know my first visit was alone and an altogether nervous affair. Well, the return was a much better experience. ...

Chimney Rock Mountain: Great reward for little effort!
PinkyFloyd 2 days ago.
Getting to the top of Chimney Rock doesn't take long and isn't too arduous. The views from the top are stupendous though and you'll be glad you climbed it. The rocks at the top help make this moun...

Muck to Meelmore Loop
Bunsen7 4 days ago.
A track that's very easy to follow, with good parking, 3 highest hundred summits for less than 900m of ascent, but do... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 874m, Area: Slieve Muck, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Cush: rest test rest
test test test

Pic de Lustou
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A fantastic, hard-won summit, a relentless, never-ending haul up followed by some easy but somewhat exposed scrambling o walk, Len: 14.7km, Climb: 1684m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Cush: rest test rest
test test test test

Upper Glencoaghan Valley's swollen streams pose potential hazard
Bunsen7 a week ago.
The weather was forecast as changeable. We started the horseshoe in a clockwise direction from Ben Lettery in relative... walk, Len: 12.8km, Climb: 1154m, Area: Benlettery, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benl

Truskmore SE Cairn: Letrim - County high point - Done with my Grandad
ShaunDunne 3 days ago.
While climbing Truskmore my Grandad and I walked over and bagged our Second County high point of the day. Was very windy and wet up there today.