<< Prev page 1 .. 384 385 386 387 388 389 .. 394 Next page >>
To KenG - Welcome .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
“You have the body.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I found this colou.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Well, Bleck Cra, I.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
Evelyn - you are t.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
evelyn
2005-05-04 09:56:29
If there were more Bleck Cra's
I wouldn't classify myself as either experienced or novice in the mountains, but one thing i have learnt is, listen to others on the mountainside! I always enjoy reading EVERYBODY'S comments, but I am wondering has Bleck Cra been published? If so, what's the title, and if not why not? One of the recent posts by our good friend was about some know it alls in the Mournes, and how they were not so happy about getting some advice! A few years ago, weather forecast was to be clear and sunny, I found myself struggling to find my way back down Bearnagh with visibility down to a few metres, the wall was a great help, but even more so, I met two "locals"who saw me down to Hares Gap, and after a shared coffee and some buns as a way of thank you, they continued on towards Donard, while I decided to head for home. I was a novice in those days, I have many mountains now under my feet, but as I spread my wings and walk through spectacular landscape on La Gomera in the Canaries, Serra de Tramantona in Mallorca, the West Highlands of Scotland, and very soon - the Bernese Oberland those two strangers I met in the Mournes always stick in my mind, they came out from the mist, guided me down to safety and then went on their way, I probably would have been fine, but for those few tense momments I was glad of the advice, it encouraged me to go further, and now on occasion I give advice when asked by strangers to my well trodden paths! Keep walking Bleck Cra, and keep giving advice, I certainly would welcome avdice in a place I didn't know!!
Awwwl right Vertic.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I have had the opp.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
I don't know what .. by sorbus   (Show all posts)
***NA SEACHT SEACH.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)

More Mount Brandon
tomlug48 8 hours ago.
On the way to the summit

Binn Charrach: NE finger from the Twelve Bens offers a way in.
Collaborative entry Last edit by: simon3 16 hours ago.
Knockpasheemore (Binn Charrach) is a small summit at the end of a 2km ridge heading NE from the lower scree slopes of Benbaun, and makes a worthwhile climb either in its own right, or as a diversi...

Bencorrbeg: Shapely outlier, serious scrambling.
Collaborative entry Last edit by: simon3 18 hours ago.
Bencorbeg dominates views from the mouth of the Gleninagh Valley. Although only 577m, the full extent of this height is seen when the mountain is viewed from north or east, as the mountain plunges...

Inis Leacan: Island south of Roundstone.
Inishlacken is a small island south of Roundstone. Here it is viewed from Inishnee.

Oileán an Chlaí: Island in Bertraghboy Bay
Oghly Island is around 250m from the driveable Inishnee island.

Beast of Bencorrbeg tackled from the south.
As many others have said Bencorrbeg is a serious scrambling challenge. This track was an attempt to reach it from the ... walk, Len: 14.0km, Climb: 669m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Lettershinna Hill: Grass top, distant heights.
As paddyhillsbagger found, the Bens form a backdrop to the top of Lettershinna. This picture was taken during a generally mist covered period one May day.

Wicklow: Glenmalure to Glendalough
Onzy 4 days ago.
Glenmalure to Glendalough viw Wicklow Way & the Spinc... walk, Len: 11.3km, Climb: 540m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland)

The Heights of Malta
madfrankie 3 days ago.
When you're considering hiking trips abroad, Malta is not likely to be high on anyone's list. It's small and the human f walk, Len: 8.4km, Climb: 40m, Area: Malta, Dingli ()

Benglenisky: Southern Bens easiest way up.
Collaborative entry Last edit by: simon3 3 days ago.
Driving towards Clifden along the N59, go 2km past the Benlettery Hostel and take the minor road on the right. I.5km along this, at point L750 499, there is a large space for parking on the right,...

Waterfalls Galore
march-fixer 4 days ago.
There are two major waterfalls in Jamaica. Dunn's River Falls and Reach Falls. Reach Falls is by far the most beautiful walk, Len: 6.2km, Climb: 109m, Area: Jamaica, Portland ()

Binn Bhriocáin: Rocky top from afar.
The rocky top of Letterbreckaun viewed from Bencorrbeg in the Twelve Bens which is 4.5km away.