<< Prev page 1 .. 378 379 380 381 382 383 .. 388 Next page >>
To KenG - Welcome .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
“You have the body.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I found this colou.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Well, Bleck Cra, I.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
Evelyn - you are t.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
evelyn
2005-05-04 09:56:29
If there were more Bleck Cra's
I wouldn't classify myself as either experienced or novice in the mountains, but one thing i have learnt is, listen to others on the mountainside! I always enjoy reading EVERYBODY'S comments, but I am wondering has Bleck Cra been published? If so, what's the title, and if not why not? One of the recent posts by our good friend was about some know it alls in the Mournes, and how they were not so happy about getting some advice! A few years ago, weather forecast was to be clear and sunny, I found myself struggling to find my way back down Bearnagh with visibility down to a few metres, the wall was a great help, but even more so, I met two "locals"who saw me down to Hares Gap, and after a shared coffee and some buns as a way of thank you, they continued on towards Donard, while I decided to head for home. I was a novice in those days, I have many mountains now under my feet, but as I spread my wings and walk through spectacular landscape on La Gomera in the Canaries, Serra de Tramantona in Mallorca, the West Highlands of Scotland, and very soon - the Bernese Oberland those two strangers I met in the Mournes always stick in my mind, they came out from the mist, guided me down to safety and then went on their way, I probably would have been fine, but for those few tense momments I was glad of the advice, it encouraged me to go further, and now on occasion I give advice when asked by strangers to my well trodden paths! Keep walking Bleck Cra, and keep giving advice, I certainly would welcome avdice in a place I didn't know!!
Awwwl right Vertic.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I have had the opp.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
I don't know what .. by sorbus   (Show all posts)
***NA SEACHT SEACH.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)

Beinn Ghobhlach
Peter Walker 2 hours ago.
Beinn Ghobhlach by evening lightWhen you're told that you can do a walk in the morning if you're quick because your o... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 739m, Area: Beinn Ghobhlach, Loch Maree to Loch Broo

Suilven
Peter Walker 19 hours ago.
I first read about Suilven when I was about 11. It was in some British geographical gazetteer, a stern washed-out pict... walk, Len: 24.0km, Climb: 1029m, Area: Lochinver to Ullapool (Britain) Suilve

Slieve Elva: Fantastic scenery
Damian120 23 hours ago.
A stunning walk going up over Slieve Elva that you can begin and end end at Fanore Beach. Some great locations along the Caher River to stop and relax and watch the water gently flowing downstream...

Maumtrasna Plateau via Dirkbeg and Buckaun Spurs
Onzy a day ago.
Route to the Mauntrasna plateau using the Dirkbeg spur for ascent and the Buckaun for descent. walk, Len: 10.8km, Climb: 535m, Area: Maumtrasna North-East Top, Partry/Joyce C...

Lough Oular From Tonlagee
tomlug48 a day ago.
A beautiful July day on the summit of Tonlagee. Gazing down at the beautiful heart shaped Lough Oular.Tom Barragry & the Lugs .

Knockannavea: Nice views to be had
csd a day ago.
While not very challenging, recent felling means the views along the way and from the summit are pleasant enough. A nice spot for a lunchtime walk.

Picos de Europa
peter1 2 days ago.
I can say with certainty three things: the ascent was not 3266m, given the peak is only 2503m; secondly, I will be back walk, Len: 13.9km, Climb: 3266m, Area: Spain, Cantabria ()

Knocknabro East Top: Drought made difficult ground trek possible
Collaborative entry Last edit by: CaminoPat 3 days ago.
Knocknabro East Top is best climbed as part of a good loop walk, taking in the West and North-East tops of Knocknabro. This summit is best reached firstly via Knocknabro West Top and then onto the...

Sail Mhor
Peter Walker 4 days ago.
After a week of blazing sunshine in the Peak District overwhelmingly spent swimming in the pool, lazing by the pool a... walk, Len: 11.3km, Climb: 833m, Area: Sail Mhor, Loch Maree to Loch Broom (Bri

Knocknabro North-East Top: NE Top Revealed
Collaborative entry Last edit by: CaminoPat 3 days ago.
This summit is best reached via Knocknabro West Top. Park at laneway to old farmhouse now in ruin at W15905 83498. Room for 1-2 cars to park. Climb gate at entrance and follow post and wire fence ...

.Lough Oular from Tonlagee
tomlug48 2 days ago.
A beautiful July day on the summit of Tonlagee. Gazing down at the beautiful heart shaped Lough Oular.Tom Barragry & the Brothers of the Lug.

Coastal Dublin - Donabate to Malahide
Onzy 4 days ago.
Circuit of Broadmeadows Estuary from Donabate to Malahide walk, Len: 12.9km, Climb: 115m, Area: Dublin Islands (Ireland)