<< Prev page 1 .. 306 307 308 309 310 311 .. 390 Next page >>
totally agree with.. by hobob   (Show all posts)
Following on from .. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
A few months befor.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Google Earth v5 wa.. by dbloke   (Show all posts)
wicklore
2009-02-18 17:27:26
"Sign near summit of Seahan" from wicklore Contract pics
Picture: Sign near summit of Seahan (Contract pics)

Quandary over Quads
When doing the Seefin to Seahan circuit in Wicklow last weekend I parked at O063 170 just past the entrance to the rifle range. I haven’t walked here since the middle of last year, and the first thing to strike me was a mound of illegally dumped rubbish at my parking spot. (I subsequently rang PURE and gave them relevant information). Also what struck me was the sound of quad bikes approaching through the forest. This area has been plagued with quad bikes and they have ripped up the summit area of Seefingan and Corrig, as well as deliberately spraying walkers with dirt.
Three quads appeared in the trees beside me and they dismounted and took apart the fence so they could drive through. They watched me while they did this. As they were wearing helmets I’m not sure if they were grinning or grimacing at me. When they got through they made an effort to repair the fence before tearing off down the road.
Later leaving the summit of Seahan I came across this sign which wasn’t here last year. At least it makes things clear about quads on the hills. But what about quads in forests, dismantling fences etc?
Simon's stunning p.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
Yes I think the re.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Yes padodes. Not o.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
While walking on I.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Totally agree with.. by rjw68   (Show all posts)

Re: Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon
Peter Walker 2 hours ago.
Hi daithi07The 'what's left to do in Ireland' article currently lives largely in my head rather than anywhere more tangible. It will see the light of day at some point in the next few months. I am...

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy a day ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 2 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()