<< Prev page 1 .. 382 383 384 385 386 387 .. 390 Next page >>
Greetings Bleck an.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
oh I loved that on.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
GB bemoans the dem.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
johnvbrennan
2005-04-18 11:02:51
Buying a new rain jacket
I had the misfortune of losing my Lowe Alpine jacket in Scotland over Easter. I had it for 2 years and it did it's job from Kerry to Kilimanjaro. That said it wasn't perfect. The hood drove me crazy at times. In strong winds I found that the hood was inclined to blow out of shape, sometimes obscuring visibility in 1 eye.

Anyway I need to buy a new one especially after yesterday's trip up Curve waterfall....I mean Curve Gully :-) Yesterday I had to make do with a 15 euro cycle jacket from Lidl. Portable sauna might be a better description but how's ever.

What do you folks recommend? My dad has Berghaus Extreme XCR and it seems to be good jacket although he had a problem with one sleave that started letting water in. Interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,
JB
Everpresent - I'v.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Hello everpresent... by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Any more tricks of.. by Claude Hopper   (Show all posts)
Yes Speedo indeed .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Caked grey ice clu.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Ahh, whin. Whin (.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Re: Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon
Peter Walker 11 hours ago.
Hi daithi07The 'what's left to do in Ireland' article currently lives largely in my head rather than anywhere more tangible. It will see the light of day at some point in the next few months. I am...

12 (Listed) Bens - Revisited
GSheehy a day ago.
I was drawn back by the lure of completing the 2002 - 12 Bens Challenge route. I got the details from John J. Cotter w... walk, Len: 29.1km, Climb: 2598m, Area: Benglenisky, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Ben

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Paou to Chorto return
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 8.3km, Climb: 237m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Affisos to Afetes return (2)
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 9.7km, Climb: 458m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Big Collin: Permission required?
StephenMullin a week ago.
Hi thereCan anybody tell me if permission is required to walk up Big Collin? If so, how does one go about obtaining this?Many thanks!

Greece, Pelion Peninsula: Portaria Circuit
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 14.3km, Climb: 644m, Area: Greece, Thessaly ()

Knockroe: Where Summits relocate with No Plate Movement
CaminoPat 3 days ago.
Knockroe summit is listed as being located in County Cork. The correct location however is County Waterford. Déise abú.

Anglesey Mountain: Great Carlingford views from a so-so top
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
There is enough space to park one car at 100 167, just on the edge of a wood around a sharp u-bend. Proceed north for 100m before turning NE up a gentle slope, although the terrain is treacherous ...

Pigeon Rock Mountain South Top: Nondescript summit for baggers only
Collaborative entry Last edit by: Colin Murphy a week ago.
Usually done in conjunction with Pigeon Rock itself, but can be done in isolation if you want. Car park can be found at 234 278 A. Take the track directly across the road that follows the Rocky Ri...

Greek Islands: Kos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 381m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()

Wee Slievemoughan: The ups and downs
Colin Murphy a week ago.
Approaching from Rocky Mountain summit requires a bit of up-and-down trekking, as it is necessary to first ascend Tornamrock and then drop down again to a the col to the south before ascending Wee...

Greek Islands: Kalymnos
Onzy a week ago.
walk, Len: 1.8km, Climb: 183m, Area: Greece, South Aegean ()