Site Feedback Site announcements, requests for features, bug reports about the software of the service.

<< Prev page 1 .. 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. 38 Next page >>
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
BleckCra
2013-07-27 15:54:38
TARA-ED WITH THE SAME BRUSH
Context of comment:Good man Conor - good to see a big hitter in here on the Taraboomdeeay question. Reference Spancil, the thing is though that Tara is not just called a hill. It is actually ... a hill.
Can we just look at your "logical" and your "criteria" points?
Both of these descriptions predicate on something that has been invented in any case - apparently by us as mountainviews, although I cannot recall anyone asking me anything. You?
So it follows that if the Emperor has no clothes you can call them anything you like, green, blue, yellow .....
So all it needs is for the parameters to be shifted from one invented anchor point to another.
I am not suggesting we call the Atlantic Ocean a hill but I think the Hill of Tara is defo a hill.
So that is my proposal: that we (sic) just shift the goalposts an inch or two - they are our goalposts after all.
What does mountainviews think about that?
To be honest, I myself have little interest in how long how tall how whatever a hill is and I suspect I am not on my own but the Tara thing is so glaring that it demands attention - if only to spare my embarrassment as a mountainviewer who apparently thinks Tara is not a hill.
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 hours ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 hours ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 hours ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Geevraun Point: Coastal Hill
sandman 23 hours ago.
Located in an area of stunning coastlines this hill does not disappoint . A fantastic linear coastal walk exists from Beldberg Pier to Porturlin Pier well worth the effort but if you wish to visit...

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 23 hours ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Exploration of Wicklow Head from the north.
As you will immediately see from the track this was an exploration of what is possible thoroughly exploring various d... walk, Len: 6.6km, Climb: 126m, Area: Brides Hill, Wicklow Coastal Hill (Irelan

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 23 hours ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 23 hours ago.
The look out post 3 years after my first visit.

Pic du Canigou
David-Guenot 4 days ago.
Ascending Catalogna's sacred mountain from the hamlet of Los Masos de Vallmanya, on well-marked trails, with two breaks walk, Len: 24.8km, Climb: 1853m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Ramble on Ireland's Eye
wicklore 5 days ago.
A short walk on Ireland's Eye in September 2015. Original plan to visit earlier in the summer was thwarted by a huge f... walk, Len: 2.6km, Climb: 80m, Area: Ireland's Eye, Dublin Islands (Ireland) I

Horse Island: Mayo Island
sandman 23 hours ago.
View of Horse Island from Geevraun Point.

Pic de Cagire Loop
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A great loop walk in one of my favourite areas in the Pyrenees, which should have hardly taken more than 4h30 hadn't I m walk, Len: 11.8km, Climb: 892m, Area: France, Occitanie ()