Site Feedback Site announcements, requests for features, bug reports about the software of the service.

<< Prev page 1 .. 14 15 16 17 18 19 .. 38 Next page >>
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2012-12-18 15:17:28
Tracks: Up! Walks:Down!
Context of comment:I am wondering if there is a future for the “Walk” Section. I feel such a weight of responsibility regarding these uploads, that, to date, I have managed to create only two Walks. I suspect that many members are a little bit intimidated at the thought of the high standards that are required. I contrast this problem with the runaway success of the Tracks facility. I suppose the latter is extremely “user friendly” in that the Track is uploaded automatically, and the software carries out certain calculations immediately. Ideally, I would love to be in a position to integrate a Track into a formal Walk. In the meantime I have done my best to give a reasonably detailed account of the problems that one might encounter when I am uploading a Track. Mind you, I am interested in everybody’s Tracks, even if they only jot down a few lines. That is because I can see on the map in front of me exactly where they have gone, and I can make my own assessment of some of the implications. Finally, when I uploaded my recent Walk on Mweelrea, I encountered a little “bug”. One is permitted to upload three photographs. For some reason (almost certainly caused by my tendency to constantly edit and re-edit my “live” work) the programme will not allow me to upload the third photograph – it simply repeats the second photograph. Do not get excited about this! It is almost certainly a problem of my own making.

Am I alone in thinking that the Tracks facility has been such a success so as to taper off interest in the Walks facility?
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)

Not mountains, but might interest coast lover
Aidy 17 hours ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh

Dbosonnet a week ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Downloading Tracks
tomodub a week ago.
Hi Simon3.Success - thank you again all worked out this time.Best wishes,Tomodub

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.