Site Feedback Site announcements, requests for features, bug reports about the software of the service.

<< Prev page 1 .. 27 28 29 30 31 32 .. 38 Next page >>
kili or bust
2010-01-11 17:54:58
Sean O'Rourke
Context of comment:Hi, Not sure if this is the correct way to enter info or where to go on your site to ask for or offer info so hear goes:
I have been getting your very newsy MV on email for some time now and I find it very informative. Some pals and I are regular hillwakers, mostly Wicklow, The Mournes and the Cooleys. Some of us are also Geocachers so we have quite an interest in the GPS technology and walking routes and access to the hills.
I have some Mountain pictures of my own that may be of interest to OSI as per your article of this month. Do you know how I contact them or where exactly to send them?
Another of your current articles suggests a seminar which may give instruction on photography in the hills. I ma very keen to know more about that if possible. Is there someone I can contact about it?
I use an iPhone and I downloaded the excellent app for it which converts grid refs to GPS use. Thank you for the tip. I notice it only converts, like the OSI Trailmaster, to 2 decimal points only. Is that correct or can it be tweaked to do more?
One of the current articles mentions that there is no commercial topo maps for GPSrs. I assume you are aware of the 53 Degrees North Store and its Garmin backed product which provides the current OSI maps for a select number of GPSrs, Garmin Dakotas, Colorados and Oregons? This is simply the Trailmaster on a GPS. I find these OSI maps (the current available Discovery Series), Trailmaster and now this version pretty dramatically out of date regarding walking trails and in particular Coillte forest tracks and correct access options.
Just a few points and questions, I hope I am addressing the correct person(s)

Regards,

Sean P
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)
Context of comment:   (Show all posts)

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 9 hours ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 3 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Lettercallow: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
By parking at L8760028966 you can walk on to open hillside with no access issues . A gentle accent to the summit area which unlike its nearest neighbour has no seating arrangements for the visitor...