<< Prev page 1 .. 295 296 297 298 299 300 .. 372 Next page >>
ddiamond, if you r.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
logaimn.ie (Iris.. by ddiamond   (Show all posts)
pdtempan, I found .. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Hi Padodes, I'm in.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
Maybe its just me .. by jackill   (Show all posts)
weedavie
2008-12-09 19:01:42
"ok - it
ok - it's winter in Scotland (Expand pics)
The Parish magazine
Well, Claude Hopper, this is going to sound vague, but I don't have an aim in view. I could quote some fanzines I like (Simon suggested footzines) but we should make our own mistakes. I've been writing my rambling efforts for over a year just because I like doing them. I've had no way of telling whether I'm a lonely egotist or the first green shoot of springtime. So I thought I'd suggest a body of writing and see if I got takers.

I've liked MV since I found it five years ago. There are a lot of contributors whose writings I wait eagerly for. There are others who think a chocolate box picture or a note to the effect that you can see further if there's no cloud is of value. I'd like to see some extended pieces from either lot.

Here are some of my own favourite pieces of mountain writing. Muriel Gray in the First 50 describing a climb of Schiehallion. She has a hangover and ends up smashing a flask of tomato soup over her boyfriend's head. Tom Patey's first winter traverse of the Cuillins in One Man's Mountains. It contains hangovers, ceilidhs, a near-death crampon and abseil experience and a novel way of lightening your load in the middle of a route. Frank O'Connor the Mass Island, about mountain people not mountains but gave me the excuse to do the hills round Gougane Barra. Binn Baun in Joss Lynam's Best Irish Walks - nothing special but got me back on Irish hills 10 years ago.

I'd just like to get some people who want to inflict their views on others. Could be routes, could be rants, could be thinly disguised efforts to bring their thoughts on Dr Strangely Strange before a wider public. Maybe we'll get nothing we like and we'll just throw the idea away. But I think there's definitely a gap we could fill here. So write to me at group@mountainviews.ie
The Ireland Map fo.. by pazapas   (Show all posts)
Padodes has a Gene.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
These are walks b.. by terree   (Show all posts)
To Captain Whereto.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)

Not mountains, but might interest coast lover
Aidy 23 hours ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh

Dbosonnet a week ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Downloading Tracks
tomodub a week ago.
Hi Simon3.Success - thank you again all worked out this time.Best wishes,Tomodub

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.