<< Prev page 1 .. 302 303 304 305 306 307 .. 373 Next page >>
You've got the nam.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Hi, I am looking f.. by paulocon   (Show all posts)
Cheers John - Lagh.. by paulocon   (Show all posts)
Paul....as far as .. by john_desmond   (Show all posts)
I input those Long.. by coylemj   (Show all posts)
Hi all.Anyone know.. by paulocon   (Show all posts)
wicklore
2008-10-02 18:40:22
"Bringing in-car navigation to the hills!" from wicklore Expand pics
Bringing in-car navigation to the hills! (Expand pics)
Coordinates and Comments on Carrick
When I recently climbed Carrick I did so without my gps so I couldn't save summit coordinates. However I DID have my Garmin Nuvi with me as I use it as a portable audio book player. Although it is for car navigation I had the bright idea of saving the summit of Carrick Mountain on it. Therefore the coordinates saved at the trig pillar were N 52 59. 007` W 006 09. 928`. If anyone can translate these into OS coordinates they can be used to add to MV's stock of accurate summit grid ref's. Hope this is useful.
Ps-would any of the other 4 MV users who have logged climbing Carrick please add a comment on it as my comment went unmarked and I don't know if it was useful or not, or whether others found it easier than I did!
Dear walkers,I am .. by Ueli   (Show all posts)
Thanks wicklore fo.. by Alex92   (Show all posts)
I came across a ve.. by jackill   (Show all posts)

Forum: Suggestions
Addition of "All Irish features" list etc
simon3 7 hours ago.
A new list and total has been added which shows All Irish features visited. So if you mark as visited any summit, coastal summit, coastal feature, island feature then this total will go up. You ca...

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman a day ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka a day ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka 2 days ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka 2 days ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...