<< Prev page 1 .. 295 296 297 298 299 300 .. 366 Next page >>
You've got the nam.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Hi, I am looking f.. by paulocon   (Show all posts)
Cheers John - Lagh.. by paulocon   (Show all posts)
Paul....as far as .. by john_desmond   (Show all posts)
I input those Long.. by coylemj   (Show all posts)
Hi all.Anyone know.. by paulocon   (Show all posts)
When I recently cl.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
2008-09-30 09:00:50
Support sought for update of Walking Guide
Dear walkers,

I am looking for one or several keen walkers with a profound knowledge of walks in the Irish mountains and along the coastlines, who could support me with the following:

A few years ago, I wrote a walking guide about Ireland, which was published by the German company Rother, the leading publisher of walking guides and mountain books in the German-speaking areas.

The book is now out of print and a new edition planned. For some of the walks described in the book, I would appreciate to get the support of local persons who know the walks concerned and could provide me with an update on information such as current conditions, access etc. The walks for which I would require these updates are located mainly in the North and Northwest of Ireland.

Remuneration for this work is subject to negotiation. For further information, please contact me at:
Thanks wicklore fo.. by Alex92   (Show all posts)
I came across a ve.. by jackill   (Show all posts)

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 4 hours ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 5 hours ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 5 hours ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy a day ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility a day ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility a day ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility a day ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility a day ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...