<< Prev page 1 2 3 4 5 .. 372 Next page >>
Hi folksSomething .. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
I've just spent a .. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
The next meeting o.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Is it my imaginati.. by wwwalker   (Show all posts)
Ordnance Survey Ir.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
According to the I.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Rescue workers sea.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
simon3
2017-03-08 07:32:51
"Carrauntoohil in 1970" from simon3 Expand pics
Carrauntoohil in 1970 (Expand pics)
Carrauntoohil in 1970
An overseas member sends the below:

While going thru some old photos, I came across the attached.
Taken on the summit of Carrauntoohil on 26 April 1970. Nearly 47 years ago!
I had hiked up solo to the summit and there I encountered a hiking group which my notes tell me were members of the Dublin Outing Club. Group photo.
I'm the person under the arrow with the eyeglasses and bushy moustache.
I thought the photo would be of interest to your group. Perhaps some people in the photo would be recognizable to older members.
Of course, I may have the name of the group wrong. Maybe some of your members would have a better understanding of either the group or the people in the photo.
Long ago and far away.

Many thanks for your web site.
Bob Grobe
Camden, Maine, USA
Someone posted thi.. by GSheehy   (Show all posts)
The following emai.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Exploring Binevenagh
Peter Walker 6 hours ago.
walk, Len: 8.8km, Climb: 392m, Area: Binevenagh, Keenaght (Ireland) Binevenagh

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 6 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy 2 days ago.

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 6 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.

Moylemore: Lots of renovated houses.
magicstep 2 weeks ago.
Owey is busy during summer weekends.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela