<< Prev page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. 372 Next page >>
CaptainVertigo
2016-06-05 17:57:01
"CAN YOU FIND IT?" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
CAN YOU FIND IT? (Expand pics)
Urgent Request for Help -West Cork
I am wondering if any of our members live in or about West Cork/South Kerry, or might have reason to visit there in the near future? Yesterday, 4th June, I parked my car at Healy's Pass and cycled my mountain bike down to Adrigole and then headed towards Glenngarriff, turning left before Glengarriff on to a very minor road to get under the col between Gowlbeg Mountain and Sugarloaf Mountain.I hid my bike by lying it down flat about three or four meters in from the road behind some bushes. I took the liberty of pulling a bit of long grass to afford extra camouflage. I then headed off over the mountains back to Healy Pass BEFORE DRIVING BACK TO MEATH LEAVING MY BIKE WHERE I PUT IT THAT MORNING! Totally forgot about it. The exact co ordinates of where I left it are: V 88450 51585
Now I am well aware that I am taking a risk in publishing these details because there is always the possibility that some evildoer will steal kidnap or murder my bike. But I happen to believe that 99% of the folks who read this stuff are good people so I'm prepared to take a chance. Its a black bike with some white streaks.. I'm looking for the Halfords receipt so that I can remember the name of it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I am aware that I could drive the 9 hour round trip to get it back but I still have not recovered from the last trip.
For a proper Map see
http://mountainviews.ie/track/3246/ and expand it!!!
The Emerald Island.. by Pazapas   (Show all posts)
I remember climbin.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
SCAVENGER WALK 12 .. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
In 1977, just afte.. by Colin Murphy   (Show all posts)
Now that weather i.. by brenno   (Show all posts)
Congratulations to.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
Subscribers to the.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
There is a proposa.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
SCAVENGER WALK 12 .. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 a day ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 4 days ago.

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 4 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 3 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 4 days ago.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 4 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 3 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 4 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Lettercallow: Coastal Hill
sandman 4 days ago.
By parking at L8760028966 you can walk on to open hillside with no access issues . A gentle accent to the summit area which unlike its nearest neighbour has no seating arrangements for the visitor...