<< Prev page 1 .. 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. 372 Next page >>
Last one looking a.. by Aidy   (Show all posts)
Another one lookin.. by Aidy   (Show all posts)
I was in the Sperr.. by Aidy   (Show all posts)
The Cork Mountaine.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
On St. Patrick's D.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
There's really no .. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Hi folksI sit on t.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
"Oh what a night. .. by Jim Holmes   (Show all posts)
Onzy, your photos .. by conormcbandon   (Show all posts)
Onzy
2016-02-24 00:24:58
Captain Vertigo: Faha Ridge
Thank you Captain for your kind words and yes, a priceless walk on a great day. I have updated the track with a few pics and a few more impressions. Reviewing the track I am surprised how much height I lost to the right immediately after 809 - I knew I had dropped some but the amount surprises. There are a number of significant downclimbs after the slab and at least one of these involves sliding down between facing slabs with minimal footholds. As regards the approach to 891, I recall broadly two choices; taking on the rock head on, as in your A-B, or skirting around to the right on softer ground taking every opportunity to drag left and up as the rocks allowed. Nothing I saw indicated that A-B is impossible but it would be pretty edgy!

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect
Aidy 3 hours ago.

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy 6 hours ago.

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 5 days ago.

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 5 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 4 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 5 days ago.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 5 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 5 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 5 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 4 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 5 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I